+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My first Nak has landed

I'm Gary.

Default My first Nak has landed

Well after a bit of a wait and the PO stuffing up its finally got here a Nakamichi MR-1.After another £35 had been extracted from my wallet from those robbers at Maplins for some XLR to phone adaptors and a good clean of the heads i managed to get it hooked up "must label the leads".I must say it sounds pretty good with pre-recorded tapes and a quick recording with a new BASF tape from the cdp.so all in all very happy
    Gary.
    Technics SE-9600-Technics SU-9600--Technics Technics RS-9900-ST-9600-Technics SH-9010 EQ-Hitachi HCA7500 pre Technics 1210mk2,SL P1200 cdp.Moth mkII RCM, Revox B77mKii,Pioneer CT-F1250-Nakamichi MR-1.Technics A900 mkll,Technics 631 cassette deck,Yamaha cr-1000 & Cr-600,Celestion Ditton 44's & 15xr's,Thorens TD-150mkll,Tascam 34,Akia 4000DS,Leak 2000 and assortment of Technics cd and minidisc players and Mission/AR/Kef speakers

I'm Nobody.

You don't see many 'MR-1' crop up these days..

I'm Nick.

Nice deck and pretty rare as Andr'e points out. If funds permit get B&W (Classic Nakamichi) to give it a service and you will be blown away by how good it can sound. Post some pics if you can - it's a good looking one IMO
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

+ Reply to Thread