+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vinyl fan in Surrey / Sarf Landan!

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by daytona600 View Post
    some system you have Lee very very long list Welcome to Aos

Yeah cheers - have been building and swapping boxes for donkeys years.

Arrived at a system and more importantly a sound that i am happy with about 5 or 6 years ago - just minor tweaks and upgrades since then.

I buy plenty of records and always have - always amazes me when you go to listen to some audiophiles systems and they have a very small amount of records or CD's - surely the music is paramount?

Am i being cynical?!
    My System
    TW Acustic Raven AC TT, Thales Simplicity, Ortofon A90. Tron Seven Phono & Silver RCA. Einstein Turntables Choice Phono. Lindemann 820 CD Player + USB-DDC 24/192 S/PDIF. Luxman L-590 AII Int Amp. Cardas Gold Ref & Isoclean Focus Pwr & BS-13A4 II Power Bar mains. Jorma Design No. 3 IC, Harmonic Tech Cyberlight P2A & Wave, JPS Labs Superconductor V Spkr Cable. Peak Consult Princess Speakers + Elac 4PI Plus.2 ST + B&W PV1 Sub. Acustica Applicata DAAD 2 & Grand Prix Audio Monaco Racks.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by 29029 View Post
    Yeah cheers - have been building and swapping boxes for donkeys years.

Arrived at a system and more importantly a sound that I am happy with about 5 or 6 years ago - just minor tweaks and upgrades since then.

I buy plenty of records and always have - always amazes me when you go to listen to some audiophiles systems and they have a very small amount of records or CD's - surely the music is paramount?

Am I being cynical?!
    No you're not being cynical at all. I have known people who have spent tens of thousands on an audio system, yet possess less than twenty LPs or CDs!
    Barry

I'm ILOB.

Lovelly sysytem I remember hearing the TT at Graham's when he first started to import the Raven was very tempted but went down another route
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    No you're not being cynical at all. I have known people who have spent tens of thousands on an audio system, yet possess less than twenty LPs or CDs!
    I sold some very expensive amps years back ( no names mentioned, sic.) but he had less than 50 CD's - yet dropped well over £25k on his system.
    My System
    TW Acustic Raven AC TT, Thales Simplicity, Ortofon A90. Tron Seven Phono & Silver RCA. Einstein Turntables Choice Phono. Lindemann 820 CD Player + USB-DDC 24/192 S/PDIF. Luxman L-590 AII Int Amp. Cardas Gold Ref & Isoclean Focus Pwr & BS-13A4 II Power Bar mains. Jorma Design No. 3 IC, Harmonic Tech Cyberlight P2A & Wave, JPS Labs Superconductor V Spkr Cable. Peak Consult Princess Speakers + Elac 4PI Plus.2 ST + B&W PV1 Sub. Acustica Applicata DAAD 2 & Grand Prix Audio Monaco Racks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12