View Poll Results: Gossip - Music for men - please vote generously!

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 out of 10: Martin, you're a knob.

0 0%
  • 2 out of 10: Not good at all.

2 20.00%
  • 3 out of 10: I've heard better

1 10.00%
  • 4 out of 10: Well, it's better than nothing.

0 0%
  • 5 out of 10: It's OK.

2 20.00%
  • 6 out of 10: It's got some merit

2 20.00%
  • 7 out of 10: Its got a lot of merit and getting better!

1 10.00%
  • 8 out of 10: Luuurving it.

2 20.00%
  • 9 out of 10: Gotta buy this, toute suite!

0 0%
  • 10 out of 10: Martin, you're a genius!

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Album club: 10.7.12: Gossip -Music for Men (2009)

I'm Martin.

Cheers for giving a a go...

Richard, for some reason, I thought you would like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    ...I'm not sure I would want to see the vocalist stipped down to her undies!
    Well, I have to admit that I find her quite sexy even though its widely reported that she bats for the other side, so to speak.

I'm also relieved that no one has given it a 1/10 (so far), thereby declaring that I'm a Knob

Cheers,
    Martin

Source: Sonos CONNECT DAC: Rega DAC Amp: Rega Brio-R Speakers: Neat Motive 2.

My system photos

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Martinh View Post
    Cheers for giving a a go...

Richard, for some reason, I thought you would like this.

Well, I have to admit that I find her quite sexy even though its widely reported that she bats for the other side, so to speak.

I'm also relieved that no one has given it a 1/10 (so far), thereby declaring that I'm a Knob

Cheers,
    Is the drummer female? (S)he seems to have a girls name, though looks as she might be that way inclined as well.
    Barry

I'm Barry.

Not my thing but I quite enjoyed it, told my daughter about it and she already has the previous album.
    I do really like the last track which is a remix of the second, my daughter knew the original and was very impressed by the remix.
    Cheers Martin I'll give it 7/10.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Is the drummer female? (S)he seems to have a girls name, though looks as she might be that way inclined as well.
    Definitely a grrrrl, although I never noticed her before. I thought the band was Beth Ditto and 2 blokes

Quote Originally Posted by Bazil View Post
    Not my thing but I quite enjoyed it, told my daughter about it and she already has the previous album.
    I do really like the last track which is a remix of the second, my daughter knew the original and was very impressed by the remix.
    Cheers Martin I'll give it 7/10.
    It's a real foot tapper indeed, but for me the stand out track on the CD is Love Long Distance.

I just realised that the youtube video titled 'Move in the right direction' that I've linked to, isn't actually on this album -ooops! Great track and video though.

Cheers,
    Martin

My system photos

I'm John.

I've given what i can find of this lot a whirl and okay is about it for me.
    I don't think I would buy anything I've heard so far but I can listen to it without twitching too much.

I really shouldn't worry in the slightest what others may think about your musical taste Martin.

5/10

(hmm, got a few to work through............)
    Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
    -Bertrand Russel

John.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post

I really shouldn't worry in the slightest what others may think about your musical taste Martin.
    Thanks John,

It's a bit scary putting up your first album, especially if you're a (relatively) new member

I wanted to select something that most people didn't already have or had heard, although I did toy with putting DSOTM up instead at the last minute

Cheers,
    Martin

My system photos

MartinT Guest

It certainly has some merit and a strong beat throughout. A couple of stand-out tracks are very listenable on their own - For Keeps and Heavy Cross. Not really my thing but I've voted according to your scale so 6/10 from me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12