Thread: New Rule

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Ah, there you are!

"En garde monsieur pussycat!"
    "All for one, and one for all!!!"

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hehehehe... We do aim to please!

Providing that none of the team have any objections, the new rule will be amended later

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm InSpace.

So... you DO know your Tom & Jerry then!
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

synsei Guest

Oh yes... Tom & Jerry, Roadrunner, Wacky Races, Catch That Pigeon, Bugs Bunny, Danger Mouse etc etc. I'm a bit of a cartoon buff, I just love 'em. To be truthful, I've never really grown up as my kids could confirm...

I'm Geoff.

Regarding the new Criticism Terms, I have a feeling that there may be a missed opportunity here, or maybe another way of addressing this. Would a 'Total Rant' no holds barred corner be workable? On the understanding that anybody visiting would have to accept what is expressed without redress apart from being able to reply. Just a thought that crossed my somewhat befuddled mind (just had a couple of beers).

I'm Deleted.

I'm not keen on that idea at all - why would one want such a thing?
    Account Deleted

I'm Lucky.

Agree with Mark, if you want to rant, rant at the dog. We don't need it. It's a hifi forum, leave your issues at home.
    The Man with the suit and the pace. Knee deep in the dead.

MartinT Guest

Agree with the warning first, Marco. That works for me and I think achieves the right balance between tolerance and keeping AoS clean and well behaved.

As for a rant area - nope. Anyone who wants a no-holds barred rant can always go to a certain other teepee shaped forum

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    I'm not keen on that idea at all - why would one want such a thing?
    I'm not sure "such a thing" would be wanted, or even be a good idea. No real way to anticipate how it would turn out though is there? I'm just asking the question.
    Last edited by walpurgis; 11-07-2012 at 10:48.

I'm Deleted.

Personally, all I think it would do would be to encourage bitterness and recrimination. Sometimes it is better to just hold ones tongue (metaphorically) and count to ten - no one is obliged to post, or to interact with other forum members - there shouldn't be any need to 'clear the air'!

I have seen similar threads (to that you suggest) on other forums and it has not improved the atmosphere or resolved anything - quite the opposite in fact.
    Last edited by YNWaN; 10-07-2012 at 11:26. Reason: added a bit more
    Account Deleted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast