+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Rule

synsei Guest

Default New Rule

I have concerns about the new punitive rule for registering criticism in this section of the forum. It is a little draconian in my view and could lead to few wanting to post their concerns on the open forum for fear of being banned for a week. Perhaps a warning would suffice for a first offence with the 'one week ban' being held over for a repeat offence.

My concern is that individual worries regarding a punitive ban may stifle discussion about important matters that concern the smooth running of the forum, especially if the complainant genuinely can't back it up with documentary evidence. Granted, this would be a rare event but such an occurrence is not beyond the realms of possibility. This is why I believe it would be best to employ a warning for a first offence.

Even with this in mind the thought of a week long ban may discourage members from using this thread for its intended purpose and as a result, could even encourage the frequency of bickering on the forum

Just my tuppence worth

I'm ILOB.

Can you explain in more detail what you mean
    What are you referring too
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

synsei Guest

If you are enquiring as to the meaning of the thread, then you need to read this John

I'm ILOB.

The main idea is to encourage constructive critism, often we get critism and its hard to figure what is going on as we do not have enough infomation to go on. There two ways to do it Dave
    1) Contact any of the moderators privatly to discuss concerns
    2) If posting give examples of what you mean. Remember when we asking questions we looking for clarication so we can understand what is going on
    We try to strike a fair balance and I think we get right more than we get it wrong, but the site can always improve
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Deleted.

To be honest, I don't see what the problem is. If I have an issue with a forum I send a PM to the forum administrator or one of the admin team. If they are unsympathetic and you consider the issue serious, then you are on the wrong forum. If you don't consider it sufficiently serious to go elsewhere, or to stop posting, then it isn't really a problem worth complaining about.
    Account Deleted

synsei Guest

I agree with you Mark, a PM to a Mod or Marco himself is the best way to resolve any issues a member might have, Marco in particular is very approachable and is more than willing to address member concerns if he can. However there are some issues that might need to be discussed on the open forum which is where my concerns come into play...

I'm InSpace.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    To be honest, I don't see what the problem is.
    I think it's the "do it like this OR ELSE!" nature of the post in question that Dave is commenting on. It does kind of read like the headmaster is warning the pupils of dire consequences should rule #1 or #2 not be obeyed to the letter!

Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

synsei Guest

I have thoughts of Marco donning a Mortar Board, black cloak and waving a cane all over the shop running through my head now...

Generally what Marco has written is spot on, it's the punitive ban that I can see causing us problems. A warning for a first offence would be sufficient punishment for most I feel. Incidentally, for the benefit of Mark and John, this isn't a complaint, it is an observation which has opened up a debate on the topic which I feel is necessary. To leave a forum without stating your point of view on any given matter is cowardly in my opinion. There can be no change without discourse and debate.
    Last edited by synsei; 09-07-2012 at 16:24.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol... The problem is, Mike, that some folk seem to need that kind of approach (due to previous 'softer' approaches failing), in order for it to 'sink in' fully how we expect people here to behave!

Anyway, I'm perfectly willing to take on board Dave's suggestion below:

Perhaps a warning would suffice for a first offence with the 'one week ban' being held over for a repeat offence.
    ...and go with it, as long as the rest of the team are happy

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm InSpace.

Ah, there you are!

"En garde monsieur pussycat!"
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.