+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: John Westlake outlines REALITY to the 'deaf daftees'...!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I'll comment that I like your avatar!

I'm dennis.

Stanley , you seem to want to pick an argument with me and i'm more than happy to do so as it what i do for a living and ive been of work for 7 days and i'm missing it . However , there is an old lawyer trick which is if you dont understand your opponents arguement then just spout your own agenda at the judge in the hope he is baffled by it . This is exactly what you have done and i aint going to argue with what you think i said .

i could engage in a textual analysis of what you said , but at the end of every paragraph all i could say was ehhhh????. You ascribe to me beliefs and opinions i do not express , one of which is borderline defamatory

where deos your nonesense about bush midi's come from ?
    Your opinion on hifi progression is an opinion not a fact , saying something is a fact does not make it a fact . your arguement is tautological .
    where have you got this dark ages agenda from ?
    the agenda you ascribe to me is nonesense and insulting , thanks a lot
    your use of the adjective "attack" is unjustified , at worst its a mild criticism.
    your accusation that i deride fellow members is nonsense and again insulting .

perhaps after a hard day making excellent hifi you were tired and the complexity of my argument passed you buy, so just for you i will summarise .my post was an attempt to highlight a logical inconsistency in the subjectivist arguement in that it simultaneously fails to deal with the logical conclusion of its antecedents and at the same time seeks to rely upon elements of objectivity . I'm sorry but the Machiavellian somewhat dishonest motives you ascribe to me are in your head not in my text.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

And what of my reply to you, Dennis?

Regarding Stan's response, yes it was a little 'full on', but come off it, your post (which was rather lacking in tact) was quite clearly designed to provoke a reaction, so don't complain when a reaction is precisely what you got! I was surprised that you got off as lightly as you did from others, which was that they didn't react at all...

Unfortunately, the condescending tone of your reply to Stan is liable to provoke a response of a similar tone from him... [Note to Stan: I'd be obliged if you didn't rise to it].

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    .... I was surprised that you got off as lightly as you did from others, which was that they didn't react at all....
    Do you concede it is possible that nobody else interpreted it "obliquely", read objectively in other words, hence the lack of reaction ?

Joe - It took several re-examinations of that avatar to get what you were seeing. A dragon with a hump...

synsei Guest

When is the interval, I require popcorn and a fizzy beverage?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbasrah View Post
    Do you concede it is possible that nobody else interpreted it "obliquely", read objectively in other words, hence the lack of reaction ?
    Indeed - or they were too busy enjoying music and couldn't be arsed responding!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm joe.

Arguments between die-hard objectivists and die-hard subjectivists are bound to be circular, as with arguments between atheists and believers; they have diametrically opposed views, contradictory starting points, and no common ground. What's more, each distorts the position of the other, so that subjectvists are portrayed as gullible purchasers of 'foo', and objectivists as cold-hearted, cloth-eared wielders of slide-rules.

Essentially, subjectivists are expressing personal preferences, which, as we know, there is no arguing with. The problem is that when they use words like 'transparent', 'accurate' and 'faithful to the original recording' they raise the hackles of those with a more scientific take on things, who want to know how such terms are being defined, and how they can be measured. Then the subjectivists quote great wodges of half-understood stuff from Wikipedia etc to 'prove' that science can't explain everything, and so the sorry saga continues.

There are three solutions; for subjectivists to stick to phrases like 'I like the sound of ...' or 'I prefer X to Y ..' and avoid words like 'accurate' and 'transparent', for mods to pounce on circular discussions as soon as they emerge, or for everyone to agree to differ, and not worry about other peoples' errors.

I'm Bob.

The Obkectivist National Anthem
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buqtdpuZxvk

If Objectivists and Subjectivists really do exist which presumably they do if for no other reason but to prove existence of their opposites, what are the other 99% called? DontCareListeningToThe Musicists?

An interesting point, Bob!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm dennis.

marco , im not complaining .

there are many legitimate criticisms Stanleyb could of made-

irrelevant emphermera , pompous , simplification of certain arguments for the sake of a point , confusing :amongst others .

he did not do this , instead his post was nonesense . i simply pointed this out for one reason only he played me not the argument .

and from your reply to my initial post , it is abundantly clear my point was made and so i see no point in raking over past posts . I have no desire to win arguements ,merely to make a point.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast