+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reason for Editing field is not mandatory

I'm Graeme.

Default Reason for Editing field is not mandatory

The "Reason for Editing" field is not mandatory when a user has edited a post.

Suggest making this a mandatory field
    I can whistle with my fingers, especially if I have a whistle.

I'm Nick.

You have something like 5 minutes after your initial post to make edits without it being noted beneath the post.

Apart from that Admin are the only users who can opt not to disclose edits. That, as they say, is a perk of the job

Just realised you're referring to the 'reason' statement that users can enter. If we make it mandatory (not sure if that's possible anyway) it would be impossible to make sure that the user was honest in the reason they entered. If there's something nefarious going on, report the post, and Admin can review the edits and make a call on that. Say, if terms on a sale post were changed against the purchasers favour via an edit after a sale been agreed.
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Why? I can't think of any reason why it should be mandatory and even if it was, folk can put any BS they like as a reason which pretty much makes it pointless IMO
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

MartinT Guest

If I'm just fixing a typo I don't usually put a reason in. If I'm adding information or fixing someone else's post (as a mod), I will give the reason why.

I'm Nick.

Commenting Mod amendments is a definite. Like you, spelling etc doesn't warrant disclosure in my book!
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Martin.

Last edited by Martinh; 29-06-2012 at 12:54. Reason: Removed the word "bollocks" :) - I always try and add comments if I make an edit.
    Martin

Source: Sonos CONNECT DAC: Rega DAC Amp: Rega Brio-R Speakers: Neat Motive 2.

My system photos

+ Reply to Thread