+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Western Digital TV Live Hub

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Default Western Digital TV Live Hub

Sick and tired of the stack of DVD and Blu Ray boxes in the vicinity of the goggle box (alright, these days it's not a box), I decided to do something about it, and bought one of these http://wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=570

I'm very pleased with it - sound and visual quality is excellent, and the user interface is simple and intuitive.
    There is an HDMI output on the back - in my case it goes straight to the screen, but it could equally be routed to a HTR

The only downside is that I now need to backup all those DVDs and Blu Rays that prompted the purchase in the first place
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm RichardbutpreferRich.

Looks good Chis. Is ripping your Blue Rays\DVD's as straight forward as ripiing CD's or is there more to it, I thought most DVD's were 'right' protected these days?
    Rich

Source: Squeezebox Touch, Chinese AK4396 DAC, Pioneer PL-112D + Shure M75ED type2, Pioneer PD-7700 CDP
    Amp: Sansui AU-505
    Speakers: Ditton 44's

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

I'm trialling DVDFab at the moment, and it's coping well with both types of disc.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

I've had a WD TV Live for awhile now Chris and I love it - I have it networked to my NAS and it plays my DVD collection from there. A brilliant bit if kit that has improved over time with all the firmware updates.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Adrian.

I am thinking of getting one, I have ripped my Dvd's already but need to redo as some not great. I have a Buffalo linkstation coming to move the iTunes lib onto and re- import as aid the cd's. I intend to use the wd for casual jukebox listening but as good quality as I can get. How do you guys find the music interface to make playlists and select music.

By the way what is best software process to rip blu ray and DVD and get the 5.1?

Thanks

Adrian
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

+ Reply to Thread