+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Connoisseur BD1 turntable.

I'm Peter.

This was my first "real" turntable. Bought mail order as a kit in about 1975 ish.
    I used it with the NEAT G30B tonearm (Laskys, I think) with a Goldring cartridge (G800?) but then splurged out on a SME 3009 SII (Exchange & Mart) (detachable headshell, large counterweight) and a Shure M75ED Type II (I think, Laskys). It was built into a plinth made from an old school desk (really thick wood, possibly deal with steel edges which were the old hinges).
    The lid came from the record player at school. Someone dropped something on it an it cracked so the technician gave me the old one to repair (with a small bottle of chloroform to glue it back together).

I'm Noel.

I bought mine in 1978. Used it with Grace 707 arm and an Ortofon ( I think ) high output cartridge until the cartridge died. Still have it stored at home, needs new motor suspension & a belt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by hole46 View Post
    I bought mine in 1978. Used it with Grace 707 arm and an Ortofon ( I think ) high output cartridge until the cartridge died. Still have it stored at home, needs new motor suspension & a belt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yes, I also had to replace the suspension from time to time. I think I used normal elastic bands.
    I never replaced the drive belt and when I bought a CD player I realised that all my LPs were playing slow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112