+ Reply to Thread
Page 133 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133
Results 1,321 to 1,328 of 1328

Thread: Beresford Bushmaster DAC Reviews

I'm jonny.

Quote Originally Posted by rxjr View Post
    Come on folks, you gotta agree that this is the BEST, UNBIASED REVIEW of stereo equipment that the reviewer NEVER had.
    agreed. although we have something similar where some of our journalists make up stories and attribute quotes that weren't said.

i suggest a new part of the forum to cater for reviews on items that haven't been heard.

as for the bm, i suggest that you are all wrong. it seems to me that the most worthless question involved here is others opinions of 'how does it sound?'. the only question worth asking is 'how does it sound in my room with my equipment and with my ears?'

I'm Bernie.

Quote Originally Posted by highstream View Post
    A post yesterday favorable to the sound of the 7530 finds it very poor in handling input switching, unlike a previous Beresford model. So, you want me "get over it" and buy a device from 5000 miles away that apparently doesn't even meet my first criteria! I could say something nasty here, but I suspect you just don't recall.

I make no apologies for asking a few questions key to my ears and experience, and for being a sensitive reader and listener. That means paying attention to what's said, what's not said, how it's said (terminology), who's saying it (including what else they say), and what the comparisons are. And in the case of this Beresford forum, I thankfully get to read the comments of the developer. His bullying, ignorant, demagogic posts alone are a *sure* indicator that he doesn't want the substantive choices and compromises he made mentioned, discussed or analyzed publicly, at least not in this forum. And yet those go to the heart of the matter when looking at units on the lower price end of the market, especially sight unseen. So, whatever the sound of the BM - and reading on and between the lines I suspect it's on the cool or dry or "clinical" side, which is not my taste - a little maturity and experience teach that the best way to "get over" someone like that is to steer clear. After all, there are decent alternatives out there.

Time to move on. Thanks for all the considered thoughts. If you have any other "Dac for TV" ideas, please head over to my thread at http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...621#post443621.

Gene
    You strike me as a bit of a "tyre kicker" Gene. If you want to know what the BM is like in your system you know what you need to do. Don't you?
    Bernie.

Quote Originally Posted by Canetoad View Post
    You strike me as a bit of a "tyre kicker" Gene. If you want to know what the BM is like in your system you know what you need to do. Don't you?
    I certainly wouldn't want to sell him a BM. But his ranting and show of "superiority in character" has done my sales no harm . I think many people can identify a negative shill when they see the writing of one.

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by barry-potter View Post
    ................... as for the bm, i suggest that you are all wrong. it seems to me that the most worthless question involved here is others opinions of 'how does it sound?'. the only question worth asking is 'how does it sound in my room with my equipment and with my ears?'
    Quite so! Also, people should understand and remember that everyone's ears and auditory systems are different, so we need to add brains and neural bits and pieces to the room and equipment recipe.

The BM is inexpensive so, as Martin has already pointed out, there is little risk in just buying one and trying it out at home.

I'm rex.

Wholeheartedly agree with all the recent posts. This reaffirms my belief that there still is hope for all of humanity. There's nothing like a good old discussion to get the creative writing juices flowing. There's a lesson to be learned here folks - whatever it is, I'll be the first to let you know when I figure it out (or if I ever figure it out).

hysterically yours,

Rex

I'm David.

Default Bushmaster Cans

Quote Originally Posted by jajh2204 View Post
    Hey All,

Ive been enjoying the BM for about 8 months or so with my Naim amp & KEF XQ5 speakers and it sounds gorgeous

Quick question (not sure if this has been asked in any other of the threads) what headphones are you using with the Bushmaster??

I am looking to buy my first decent set of on or over the ear cans and wondered what brand/model would be a great match and bring out the best from the BM.

Hey I just sat down to listen to my BM 7530 (first gen?) and saw this question. I have only 2 sets of higher end headphones, both worlds apart but absolutely stunning IMO for the money. My go-to's are Vmoda Crossfade M-100's. I tried the LP's cheaper, yes but limited in range and too pre-equalized if there is such a thing. M-100's are really great for rock, pop higher energy stuff, REALLY great. Bass is only there if you tune them that way, no thumpy junk. The range is wide open with great 'highs' that are clean etc,... And at only 16ohm they can get LOUD. If you like movies or classical, banjo, bagpipes, soundtracks, absolute ACCURACY, again for the money as I don't have $2,000 to spend on this hobby...I also have a set of Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro's. They are GREAT for said genres, again IMHO. Mine are 250ohm if I recall. The BM does wonderful, just turn up the power and they shine. Sorry it's been sometime since you asked. Just say'n.

I'm Dav.

Been a long time since I've been here but... I've now moved from the M-DAC to the M-DAC+ and this is a clear upgrade in sound in every way! A well deserved 'Editors Choice' in HFC, 2 great reviews in HI-FI World and Hi-Fi News so if anyone is wondering which way to go under £1k I'd say M-DAC+ for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by mudan View Post
    I believe the Bushmaster is able to be priced low due to the limited number of components used, however in Hi-Fi this can work to advantage with a more direct signal path and through careful component selection you can end up with great results as we have here. Audio wise the bushmaster is a fine choice along with plenty of inputs(exc USB!) and an enjoyable headphone amp. Had I not had my disagreements over the sleep feature I'd still have one today. I liked the sound that much(see my earlier review) that I even ordered the Mark Grant psu within a few days!

I now have my m-dac so from memory I'm comparing a Bushmaster at £335(Inc linear psu +extra S-Booster) For those who have not upgraded the psu I think it really is an essential upgrade. The extra S-Booster also helps - once I'd heard it I couldn't be without it. Out of the box the m-dac sounded more neutral and impressive but I had a feeling I was hearing a veil due to all those extra components - there's a lot crammed in there! Have to admit I was a bit worried but after more running in it has really opened out and is a clear upgrade imho over the Bushmaster. I got the mdac at a promo price of £500 so at £165 extra I'm very happy. This was hifi choice's best DAC and best product of the year for 2012 and I can see why. It extracts an amazing amount of detail.
    (And yes Hifi choice have heard the Bushmaster)
    Source: Sony SCD-XA3000ES,Audiolab M-DAC+,Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Espirit SB(+Ortofon 2M Blue),Aiwa ADF-850, Amp: Pioneer A-400(modified). Speakers: Monitor Audio RX6. Cables: Atlas Elektra/Ascent-CD, Atlas Equator-TT, Atlas Hyper Bi-Wire, Mains:AUDUSA Eupen, RussAndrews+Tacima distribution

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by mudan View Post
    Been a long time since I've been here but... I've now moved from the M-DAC to the M-DAC+ and this is a clear upgrade in sound in every way! A well deserved 'Editors Choice' in HFC, 2 great reviews in HI-FI World and Hi-Fi News so if anyone is wondering which way to go under £1k I'd say M-DAC+ for sure!
    M-DAC+ @ 800 folders
    Caiman Mk2 @ 200 folders, 12v battery 30 folders
    I don't have either, but if sound quality is 90% of the Mdac, haven't you just proved stan's point regarding paying over the odds for a product ?

+ Reply to Thread