+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AoS current image logo

Default AoS current image logo

I noticed that the logo includes the Apogee DAC, which was recently reviewed alongside the Beresford in HIFI Choice. Given that the Beresford out performed the Apogee in their lab test report, and is a mere fraction of the price, would it be justified to give such prominence to the Apogee?
    Of course, my apologies if I got it wrong in my thinking. I am already surprised that the highly respected 1200 is not part of the logo.

Stan

I'm InSpace.

Ah... funny you should say that, 'watch this space', as they say!
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yep, there will be a few adjustments made to the banner soon, Stan

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

You are free to take some images from www.SL-1200-MK2.com

Dave

That might be an idea, Dave. The management team will be reviewing the contents of the logo in due course

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Indeed Stan, as soon as your new DAC is ready and I've bought one, it'll be going on the banner.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm Paul.

If its OK I'd like to make a critcal comment on the banner design as its actually something that I'm qualified to comment on

Cover the pictures only and ask yourself in what direction does your eye flow over the writing.

Then cover the writing only and ask yourself in what direction your eye flow over the montage.

They should flow in the same direction.
    ~Paul~

Interesting comment, Paul. We'll see what Rob thinks - that's his playground

Marco.
    Main System

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Should the pictures be viewed in a particular way then? I assume you mean that the eye naturally follows the pictures in a circular motion (or rectangular) and the writing from left to right. Yes, that is a difference but how many people would cover the images and the text rather than just viewing it as a whole?

Remember that it's not like a road sign that has to be read quickly and efficiently, it's simply a decoration showing some member's components, we'll assume that people who are already here don't need to know that this is 'The Art of Sound' as they must have already typed it or read it at least once to get here in the first place. I think you may be taking it for more than it is, and it was a design that was chosen amongst several people out of several designs as to be most suitable and decorative for the site.

What alterations would you make?

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm Paul.

Hi Rob, please don't take it personal.

Put it this way, if it was me I would re arrange the pics so that the eye flows from top left to bottom right. This might be achieved by puting the lighter images in the top left and gradually going darker with the darkest in the bottom right while also keeping a general trend of having the images at the top lighter than the ones at the bottom.

However its not me and uptake is optional I just thought I would make the suggestion while also not trying to upset anyone.
    ~Paul~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast