+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Diy Gallery

I'm Keith.

Thank you Alan. I am very much enjoying this pre.

The transformers are Novetem's.

Good to hear that you are enjoying the improvements that Simon's boards bring to the Paradise.
    Last edited by Marra; 12-05-2017 at 07:11. Reason: Sentence added.

I'm Simon.

I've been building a little chipamp.

Actually they're not that little. That's about 250mm deep, 180mm high and 240mm wide.

Weighs a shit tonne as well. 110w a side into 4 ohms.

I'm Peter.

A few photos of my phono stage that I assembled over a year ago now, sounds good too.

TT: Pro-ject 1.2, Ortofon Blue
    Phono stage: Muffsy
    Cd: Linn Karik
    Dac: Music Streamer II
    Amps: Pre: EleKit TU-8500, Plinius CD-LAD Power: Cambridge Audio Azur 651W
    Speakers: Chario Hiper Tower 2000
    Cables: Linn & Straight Wire
    Headphones: Sennheiser HD450

I'm Geoff.

Very neat, is that a kit?
    "when common sense, logic and plausibility are excluded. All that remain are foolishness and lies"

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Very neat, is that a kit?
    Yes, complete from muffsy.com.
    Quite easy to solder together, all instructions on the website; although they don't send you any info the web page is great.
    TT: Pro-ject 1.2, Ortofon Blue
    Phono stage: Muffsy
    Cd: Linn Karik
    Dac: Music Streamer II
    Amps: Pre: EleKit TU-8500, Plinius CD-LAD Power: Cambridge Audio Azur 651W
    Speakers: Chario Hiper Tower 2000
    Cables: Linn & Straight Wire
    Headphones: Sennheiser HD450

I'm Steve.

IMG_0153 (2).jpg

Speaker build in progress.
    Steve.

TT: 1986 Townshend Rock, 1980 Luxman PD264, 1978 Planar 3 in original condition. LP12 (work in progress).
    Arm: AO modified Moth RB250, Hadcock GH228, Rega R200. Acost Lustre GST1, Hadcock GH228 special.
    Cart: AT OC9 III, Shure V15 III, Bellex HOMC, Garrott K2, VdH DDT-II special.
    Phono: Vincent PHO-8, Akitika MM.
    CDPs: California Labs CL15, Pioneer DVP 676A, Vincent CD-S4.
    Digi: Squeezeboxes. Yamaha WXC50. Denafrips Ares II.
    Amps: Copland CSA-29, Denon PMA250 II, a couple of cheap T amps, WHAMMY headphone Amp. First Watt DIY M2X, B1 Mesmerize Pre. Elekit TU-8500 Pre, Pass B1Korg DIY pre.
    Speakers: 1995 Castle Howard S1, 1970 Wharfedales, Dick Smith's $80 specials. KEf Ref 104aB, Usher S-520.
    Headphones: AKG Q701, Massdrop / Hifiman HE-4XX.

I'm Veiko.

Hello!

I have took the time and made this sound panel for my system (see the photos) (click to enlarge):

IMG_20200711_095045.jpgIMG_20200711_113004.jpg

Speaking of any issue or improvement in the hi-fi realm, there is a golden suggestion - trust your ears.
    However, sometimes the improvement can be very small, theoretical, and will not be heard due to low quality of surrounding system.

This is why I am asking for your opinion on the matter of this panel. As you see, it is between the speakers where I have the cabinet for the TV, which can be lifted up. Before I had a flat (plastic) surface there, but decided to fight the reflections.
    But to come to think of it, all the surfaces on the panel are still flat, and shoot straight back to the listening position.

I think it will deal better with reflections coming from the sides, but as the main-bounce is between speakers and the crossing wall (behind listeners back) I feel that perhaps I did not think it through, and should have went for a pyramid shaped surfaces (rather than a square shaped) on the wall between speakers.

Do you believe that this panel will tackle the straight reflections at all?
    Or will it simply distort the reflection, not really improving the situation?

I'm Rob.

I would have a look at the many internet sites that deal with speaker positioning and the direction of travel of sound. I am not sure that where you have the panel would provide any refraction. Sound bounces off the walls, floor, ceiling.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

Friedrich Klappernost Extrovert Monoblocks, Acertum Triono 3 Speakers, Audio Mezzanine II Dac, Deo 2 NOS Dac, Vinyl Finyl TT with Scutt III Arm and Hiroko Plectrum Advanced MC Cart, Electro Wizard MC step-up, Twisted Phrame Super Balanced Interconnects, Dreadnought 7 speakers cables, Plattform Essential Isolation supports, Spectrum Definitive Flotilla Racks.

I'm Veiko.

I thought it bounced off from everything.... much like the light

I'm Arvydas.

Default Lenco GL75 in different shape.

Some Lenco in totally new clothes. We made custom made the body from the aluminium cast, upgraded bearing, slightly modyfied turntable control. For sure the plinth is a brand new custom made as well...
    With body construction and design, we worked together with those guys...: https://tommy-sons.com/en/
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910