+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone heard from Richard at Vantage Audio lately?

I'm Brian.

.......no change as yet. If he is in earnest about re-opening and honouring his obligations he would have up-dated his web page to explain the new delay.. We all have the right to privacy - especially in times of grief or sickness. Someone spoke a while back quite clearly on his behalf and promised that all is well re security of goods in his care. But what can we now believe with any certainty?

I have no doubt that Richard sees these posts, or, at least, they are reported to him by others. Can he not be straight forward and arrange a round-robin email to all of those who have been treated so badly.

synsei Guest

I think the time for promises and excuses is over. Perhaps those affected might want to think about approaching the local Police as a group to see if they can help recover your gear, after all there is a significant dollar value attached to all this equipment therefore I am certain the Police would take any such complaint seriously.

I'm Bernie.

+1.

I'd be getting my property back immediately!
    Bernie.

I'm Paul.

Surely someone on the forum lives fairly close and could pop round and 'case the joint'. Would determine if they are actually operating from the premises. They would need some form of written authorisation to remove stuff though. Not sure what police will do as this is a civil matter. Not actually a theft unless they can find some other crime has been committed such as misrepresentation.

I'm Rob.

Is it not a criminal matter? If the goods were taken and then not returned, is it not a case of the owner being permanently deprived of them. Maybe intent has something to do with it. If he says "ok I didn't return them, but I didn't/don't intend to permanently deprive the owners of their goods" the Police may not get involved.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Martin.

Get a solicitor to send a letter advising of pending civil action. Will cost about £40 but should light a fire under him.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Get a solicitor to send a letter advising of pending civil action. Will cost about £40 but should light a fire under him.
    It would probably be cheaper to obtain a judgement in the small claims court. If informed of impending action or a judgement against him Richard or his relatives may get of their arses and do something. If Richard is ill the son should be handling this or anyone legally able to act on his behalf. Would need details of trading address though to be effective. How about those on the forum who have lost out taking out a joint action (if that is possible).

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Audioman View Post
    It would probably be cheaper to obtain a judgement in the small claims court. If informed of impending action or a judgement against him Richard or his relatives may get of their arses and do something. If Richard is ill the son should be handling this or anyone legally able to act on his behalf. Would need details of trading address though to be effective. How about those on the forum who have lost out taking out a joint action (if that is possible).
    +1 That would make more sense Paul...

I'm Deleted.

Within the context of thevalues concerned £40 is a small sum. I would strongly suggest both actions. Sq225917 already stated the address registered to VA's website - this will also be Richard's home address.
    Account Deleted

I'm Rob.

Get a judgment for what? The value of the goods retained? What if he is penniless? You've done your money

I think this is what is needed :-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replevin
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast