+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Mod your Beresford TC-7510

I'm Neal.

The forum isn’t very DIY orientated so you’re not going to get many replies! TBH the 7510 is somewhat old now, Stan has moved the game on a lot further since the 7510 was released, I suspect you would be better off applying all your good work to one of Stans newer models where the sonic gains would be greater for the amount of effort you are putting in.....just MHO....
    Last edited by NRG; 11-03-2019 at 20:55.
    Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

I'm Francisco.

Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    The forum isn’t very DIY orientated so you’re not going to get many replies! TBH the 7510 is somewhat old now, Stan has moved the game on a lot further since the 7510 was released, I suspect you would be better off applying all your good work to one of Satan’s newer models where the sonic gains would be greater for the amount of effort you are putting in.....just MHO....

Yes NRG, you're absolutely right! I am making this because I bought this dac a few weeks ago for 50 euros and I liked it.
    I have other dacs, diy ladder dacs, soekris well implemented is very very good. Soon I will buy a Seg Dac, I am curious and I know it is better.
    This is fun for me and I am also learning.

That said, I soldered again the fancy regs and fed it with the external psu, the one with the big transformer, so it is feeding both regs.
    The sound is not so good. Not at all! Is that because I am feding the10volt rail with a 12V reg? May be, but I don't know, not sure.
    I think that feeding the rails directly is the way to go, and no "fancy" regs. At least in this context.

Tonight or tomorrow I will re install the set like it looks in the last photos.
    Nevertheless, I will compare that "analogue" psu with the S-Reg from RJM audio. This reg is wonderful.
    i am disappointed with the "fancy" regs and surprised with my old salas regulator.

I'm Francisco.

Hello,
    I made a mistake, by distraction. I connected the 5Volt psu in the wrong way.
    Now I have no sound in the left channel.
    The transistors have been replaced, but the problem remains.
    So my conclusion is what I was afraid of : I must change the dac chip.
    Before to do it I woud like to have an opinion about installing the Wolfson's WM8716.
    Is it realy better? If I do it, do I have to make other mods?
    It is time to finish this project, but I have no choice, the dac must be replaced, unless someone tells me that the problem is elsewhere. But where? It is not a transistor, and all the remaining parts are caps and resistors. And the CS8414. Please help!!
    Thank you!

I'm Grant.

certainly sounds like the chip. shame but if chips are available then at least all is not lost. not sure if finding a different chip is wise.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Francisco.

Hi Grant,
    If nobody tells me in the next few days that I can solder the Wolfson without making extra mods, I will buy one BB1716. They are not so difficult to find.
    5 euros plus shipping fees. I can still afford it...!
    Regards,
    Francisco

I'm Peter.

Hi Francisco,

did you get your 7510 finished OK - how does it sound now ?

Upgrade to Wolfson WM8716 DAC chip - this is seen as a small improvement - it is also something I want to do with my 7510 :-)

The Beresford DAC upgrade which replaces the Burr Brown PCM1716 DAC chip with the pin-compatible Wolfson WM8716 DAC chip.
    The work involved is the same as for the 7520 with the addition of 2 wires from pin-16 of the new DAC chip to decoupling capacitors

Op-amp upgrade - in addition to upgrading to the Wolfson WM8716 DAC chip you may want to upgrade the dual op-amp in the 7510
    with an LM4562 dual op-amp. This upgrade should also include the addition of a 0.1uF decoupling capacitor.

all the best
    Peter
    Movies ~ oppo 105 ~ marantz SR8001 ~ tannoy precision ~ BK Monolith Sub
    Vinyl ~ beogram 8002 ~ graham slee accession phono pre
    Red Book ~ Teac PD-H600 ~ red wine audio signature 30.2 ~ akg k-1000 headphones

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930