+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HI-Fi World Speaker Cable Review

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

The cable that came second should offer dealers up to 75% margins, so it's not an expensive wire by any means...

Me, I'll stick to my Naim lookalike "Microphonic" stuff. Sounds great when I stroke it with my ear up close and personal, cost a quid a metre and allows the speakers to faithfully reproduce every stupid thing I do further up-stream
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Colin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mains Cables R Us View Post
    I agree, although it has to be said for a cable that sells for £3.50 per metre (black rhodium twist) to come 2nd is quite an achievement IMHO.
    From the review it does look like BRT is £11.83/M and TQ Blue is £13.67/M so is £3.50/M correct or is the review price wrong?

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by ColinWonfor View Post
    From the review it does look like BRT is £11.83/M and TQ Blue is £13.67/M so is £3.50/M correct or is the review price wrong?
    It is £3.50 per metre young man

Hope so as it's that price on my website

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    The cable that came second should offer dealers up to 75% margins, so it's not an expensive wire by any means...

Me, I'll stick to my Naim lookalike "Microphonic" stuff. Sounds great when I stroke it with my ear up close and personal, cost a quid a metre and allows the speakers to faithfully reproduce every stupid thing I do further up-stream
    75% ........... take a drink and sit down

I'm Colin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mains Cables R Us View Post
    It is £3.50 per metre young man

Hope so as it's that price on my website
    God if I am a young man, what age must you be, thanks for the info, so review price is incorrect.
    Now for work

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by ColinWonfor View Post
    God if I am a young man, what age must you be, thanks for the info, so review price is incorrect.
    Now for work
    Well I am old but do not get up and write forum posts at 5.22 a.m so there must be plenty of life left in you yet Colin...

I'm Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    We haven't all been banging on about Tellurium Q for the fun of it! Glad Hi-Fi World agreed with us.
    Martin, me knowing how gawdamm fussy Naim amps, in my case the 135sCBs, are with other brand speaker wires, how do you reckon the Tel wires would behave or perform in my set up... or for that matter, does anyone else have an opinion? I know Colin Wonfor once worked a short while with Naim? Guess I should go ask him, is he approachable?

Ron

MartinT Guest

Sorry Ron, but I have no experience of Naim amps. Try one of the TQ dealers who is also a Naim dealer for advice.

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzBones View Post
    Martin, me knowing how gawdamm fussy Naim amps, in my case the 135sCBs, are with other brand speaker wires, how do you reckon the Tel wires would behave or perform in my set up... or for that matter, does anyone else have an opinion? I know Colin Wonfor once worked a short while with Naim? Guess I should go ask him, is he approachable?

Ron
    They work fine Ron, I have been asked that question plenty of times, also with other hi-fi gear which is cable fussy.

Last set of black speaker cables I sent out was for a Naim customer.

I'm Colin.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzBones View Post

Ron
    Ron,

I do hope I am approachable? except in the morning grrrrr

Col

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast