+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Looking to buy: ATC SCM 10 or 20

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Agreed. On the Speakerplans site (the amp-internalls thread I think), the Yamaha amp you have is rated highly for HiFi use I think. have you ever used any of the HH Mos-Fet amps ever? I'm told they're a bit hard and relentless, but would love another opinion
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Rob.

Jerry had one of those Yamaha P7000 amps IIRC.
    Michell Mycro / AT33PTG/II | Ray Samuels F-117 Nighthawk | Yamaha CD-NT670D | Bryston B60R | ATC SCM10

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Agreed. On the Speakerplans site (the amp-internalls thread I think), the Yamaha amp you have is rated highly for HiFi use I think. have you ever used any of the HH Mos-Fet amps ever? I'm told they're a bit hard and relentless, but would love another opinion
    I haven't, although I've had some experience using other amplifiers intended for PA reinforcement to drive monitors, amongst them MC2 (superb amplifiers), Thomann TA1400 (amazing for the price, although noisy and somewhat flat at the top end) and some PowerSoft models, although I've had very mixed experiences.

Never tried any HH amps, although I've done gigs at venues with rusty old HH mixer/amps sat on a shelf gathering cobwebs that just keep going forever. They may not sound great, and they may look like bit of a toy, but those things would survive a lightning strike!
    Alex

ATC SCM20 SL, Hypex UCD400

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456