+ Reply to Thread

Thread: manually cleaning records and thoughts on this brush ?

I'm Sam.

Default manually cleaning records and thoughts on this brush ?

Hello

I purchased a few old records from the local RSPCA opshop. They were $1 each now are 2.

Cleaning, I used a paint pad from the hardware, mix of distilled water a tiny drop of Nagaoka stylus cleaner and 2 squirts ( rather expensive back in the day) Audio Intelligent record cleaner One Step.

Some records seemed better others more surface noise, and I wonder if fibres from the drying cloth ( micro fibrre cloth) or paint pad ( if I rub the bristles I get a bit of fluff off).

Anyone used the Tonar Dustaway antistatic brush? I see it on ebay?

thanks Sam

Amps: Technics SU-V9, SU-V8 (black and silver), V8X, V4X ( 2 black, 1 silver) , G50 and SU-500
    Source:Technics SL-P990, P350, P477a,PG440a, Marantz CD40, NEC CD620 - TDA1541A, Philips CD753, Klein DAC, tuner and turntables Technics
    Speakers: Technics SB-6, Coral CX-5, ESM bookself (seas tweeters), Celestion Sl-6 (copper domes)

I'm Adrian.

I use a microfibre cloth from the supermarket and a carbon fibre brush. The microfibre is excellent.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm Paul.

Dare I say it but I use baby wipes quite often. They clean my records really well and I have never had any problems.
    ~Paul~

I'm Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by farflungstar View Post
    I use a microfibre cloth from the supermarket and a carbon fibre brush. The microfibre is excellent.
    Thanks Adrian, that is where my microfibre cloths are from also, and I am getting the a new carbon fibre brush my AM is not easy to handle and old

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    Dare I say it but I use baby wipes quite often. They clean my records really well and I have never had any problems.
    Thanks Paul, I heard baby whipes are good to dry the records as well, they would be good at cleaning also

Amps: Technics SU-V9, SU-V8 (black and silver), V8X, V4X ( 2 black, 1 silver) , G50 and SU-500
    Source:Technics SL-P990, P350, P477a,PG440a, Marantz CD40, NEC CD620 - TDA1541A, Philips CD753, Klein DAC, tuner and turntables Technics
    Speakers: Technics SB-6, Coral CX-5, ESM bookself (seas tweeters), Celestion Sl-6 (copper domes)

+ Reply to Thread