+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted - Naim Nait 5i or Exposure 2010s or similar

I'm Martin.

Default Wanted - Naim Nait 5i or Exposure 2010s or similar

Hi all,

I'm looking for a used Naim or Exposure amp to go with my Neat Motive 2s.

Ideally Nait 5i or Exposure 2010s (or similar) integrated models, although pre/power options also considered. Doesn't need phono input (whats that? )

Must be remote controlled - even if the original remote is missing, as I have a Harmony universal remote.

Cash waiting - pls PM me if you have something to offer.
    Martin

Source: Sonos CONNECT DAC: Rega DAC Amp: Rega Brio-R Speakers: Neat Motive 2.

My system photos

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Just get yourself a Rega Brio R. It's probably better than both of these, and certainly the Nait 5i, as I've done this comparison already
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Just get yourself a Rega Brio R. It's probably better than both of these, and certainly the Nait 5i, as I've done this comparison already
    Thanks David,

Really? Is it that good? Looks nice.

When I went to PJ hifi is Guildford, they had the brio sitting right next to the Nait and exposure 1010 and 2010 amps. We were talking about amps to match the Neat speakers and he didn't even look at the brio, let alone offer it as a good match.

I know that I need to demo the options myself before choosing and if it were the brio, I'd buy that new.

How would you compare the brio with the naim or exposure?

Cheers
    Martin

Source: Sonos CONNECT DAC: Rega DAC Amp: Rega Brio-R Speakers: Neat Motive 2.

My system photos

I'm Shane.

Must put on my want list

I'm phil.

the exposure wins hands down

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

There was a time when Exposure stuff had much design input from Kevin (Talk Electronics) but don't know if it still holds true.

My recommendation for the brio R may be a but facetious and as the cheapest of the lot, and from a firm that doesn't offer large margins to dealers, it's obviously better for the dealer to recommend something twice as expensive, as he'll make more than double the amount of profit in these very difficult times..

All I can ask you to do is maybe start with the Brio R, play some choons through it into the speakers you have and only THEN work up to the Nait and Exposure models. I found the latest Nait has excellent bass, a fine midrange but I didn't like the grainy and constricted treble. With toppy speakers this may not be a problem. The amp you finally end up with will then hopefully be one you keep for years.

I'm Shane.

The Brio R seems to be getting mixed opinions. Some chaps are moaning that it's a bright sounding amp.

I'm John.

Obviously not all Hi Fi dealers are as deaf as I have supposed.

Exposure 2010S, stonking amp.
    Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
    -Bertrand Russel

John.

I'm David.

It's clean and with proper speakers, there's plenty of bass and it's not bright at all. The Mira 3 was more stark and less expressive IMO.

I'm Shane.

It's clean and with proper speakers, there's plenty of bass and it's not bright at all. The Mira 3 was more stark and less expressive IMO.
    And what proper speakers are those Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast