+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your new Fuzzy purchases?

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Audioman View Post
    Unclear, indistinct, not clearly thought out.

'Fuzzy logic' in maths and computing deals with data that is impricise or has uncertain boundaries.

Hence fuzzy purchases are not preplanned, impulsive, unpredictable aquisitions.

Of course this lot may think it is something else
    Yep those are the definitions I saw too but I wondered if this was some particular term relating to vinyl, record label or some such.

Andre uses it all the time and a few others do also, so I am interested to know what they think/why they use it.
    Regards Neil

I'm Nick.

I assumed it had grown from a term to describe early garage/psych releases that might be described as 'fuzzy', to encompass any vinyl of a psych/prog/kraut bent...
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Beechwoods View Post
    I assumed it had grown from a term to describe early garage/psych releases that might be described as 'fuzzy', to encompass any vinyl of a psych/prog/kraut bent...

Ahhhhh, I thought with it being used by Andre that is what it might allude to.
    Regards Neil

I'm ChrisB.

Quote Originally Posted by Audioman View Post
    Hence fuzzy purchases are not preplanned, impulsive, unpredictable aquisitions.
    Somehow, I don't think Andre applies this definition to anything he does!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

To put you all out of your misery "fuzzies", or rather "fuzzy warbles", is an expression used by Alex in the Stanley Kubric film "A Clockwork Orange":

It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

[While listening to Beethoven's Ninth Symphony]
    Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!

Appy-polly-loggies. I had something of a pain in my gulliver so I had to sleep. I was not awakened when I gave orders for awakening.

Bit cold and pointless, isn't it, my lovely? What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got little save pitiful portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper. Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You are invited.

Released in 1971 this film sits well within André's time-frame for things worthwhile.
    Barry

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    To put you all out of your misery "fuzzies", or rather "fuzzy warbles", is an expression used by Alex in the Stanley Kubric film "A Clockwork Orange":

It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

[While listening to Beethoven's Ninth Symphony]
    Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!

Appy-polly-loggies. I had something of a pain in my gulliver so I had to sleep. I was not awakened when I gave orders for awakening.

Bit cold and pointless, isn't it, my lovely? What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got little save pitiful portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper. Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You are invited.

Released in 1971 this film sits well within André's time-frame for things worthwhile.
    Thank you Barry.... well now I know.
    Regards Neil

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

It's also one of Andre's fav films!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    It's also one of Andre's fav films!

Marco.
    Of course - that's how I knew where to look.
    Barry

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I've heard him talking about fuzzy warbles before, so I knew exactly what it was referring to, but I couldn't be arsed explaining it - too full of vino!

So well done...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I've heard him talking about fuzzy warbles before, so I knew exactly what it was referring to, but I couldn't be arsed explaining it - too full of vino!

So well done...

Marco.
    You're ahead of me there!

Enjoy
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast