+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your new Fuzzy purchases?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Audioman View Post
    Unclear, indistinct, not clearly thought out.

'Fuzzy logic' in maths and computing deals with data that is impricise or has uncertain boundaries.

Hence fuzzy purchases are not preplanned, impulsive, unpredictable aquisitions.

Of course this lot may think it is something else
    Yep those are the definitions I saw too but I wondered if this was some particular term relating to vinyl, record label or some such.

Andre uses it all the time and a few others do also, so I am interested to know what they think/why they use it.
    Regards Neil

I'm ChrisB.

Hence fuzzy purchases are not preplanned, impulsive, unpredictable aquisitions.
    Somehow, I don't think Andre applies this definition to anything he does!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

To put you all out of your misery "fuzzies", or rather "fuzzy warbles", is an expression used by Alex in the Stanley Kubric film "A Clockwork Orange":

It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

[While listening to Beethoven's Ninth Symphony]
    Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!

Appy-polly-loggies. I had something of a pain in my gulliver so I had to sleep. I was not awakened when I gave orders for awakening.

Bit cold and pointless, isn't it, my lovely? What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got little save pitiful portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper. Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You are invited.

Released in 1971 this film sits well within André's time-frame for things worthwhile.
    Barry

I'm Paul.

Know anything about this -any good? Out on Tapestry label.

I'm Christopher.

New to me anyway....

Vinyl from Langley Mill Records.
    Last edited by ceejaydee; 15-06-2013 at 17:53. Reason: 100th Post!
    Best Wishes
    Christopher D
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main System: Vinyl - Technics SL1200 Mk1, Technics Mk2 Headshell , Audio Technica AT_VM95C, Cambridge Audio Azur 551P Phono Stage: CD - Marantz CD 6005: Amp - Cambridge Audio Azur 351A: Speakers - B&W DM600
    Second System (WIP) : CD - NAD C 521i : Cassette - Technics RS-BX404: Amp - Technics SU-V470 PXS : Speakers - Wharfdale Laser 60
    Streaming: Audio Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6: Active Monitors - Adam Audio T5V

I'm Nobody.

Know anything about this -any good? Out on Tapestry label.
    I don't like all that Folk stuuf, does'nt do anything for me...

A late Re-Issue of Locomotive 'We Are Eerything You See' on Zap! Records, it was a chance but sounds good, i could never afford an original 1st issue these days on Parlophone.
    Ben 's/t' i couldnt resist this as i could never afford an original Swirley these days, ive had this issue before & sounds just as good to me, sleeve construction/finish is very good..
    Very lucky scoring a NM Coley 'Goodbye Brains' on private pressing

I'm Nick.

I assumed it had grown from a term to describe early garage/psych releases that might be described as 'fuzzy', to encompass any vinyl of a psych/prog/kraut bent...
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Beechwoods View Post
    I assumed it had grown from a term to describe early garage/psych releases that might be described as 'fuzzy', to encompass any vinyl of a psych/prog/kraut bent...

Ahhhhh, I thought with it being used by Andre that is what it might allude to.
    Regards Neil

I'm Nick.

Now I also know where Andy Partridge (XTC) got his outtakes compilation series name from too
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Paul.

Yes I too thought of the Fuzzy Warbles / Andy Partridge thing but the term and it's use in 'Clockwork Orange' must originate from or be related to it's use in 'Fuzzy Logic'. The music is 'Fuzzy' as in having unclear boundaries and unpredictability. Just mistakenly thought it was refering to the patern of buying here rather than the actual genre. So presume the Psych connection to XTC is the Dukes Of Stratosphere output. Or am I reading too much into it and Fuzzy Warbles is just the physical disc ? Alex did talk a lot of bollocks in that film anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast