+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dalek Supreme D L's Main System.

I'm Neil.

Default Hi filterlab

Yes the Anthony Gallo's are the same (the speakers I use with the system pictured ). I will post a picture of them tomorrow.

Regards D S D L---- Neil

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Lovely job, they're rather off the wall if I remember correctly.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm Neil.

Default Hi Purite audio

Hi Keith

Thanks for the info. Yes the MSB is the mk 3 Link Dac with the upsampling board and HDCD board. I also have the Power Supply 2000 for it as well. Very plain in the looks department but stunning sound and when it came out quite a long time ago(I got this one S/H from Jack Lawson at the Audio Salon) it redefined what was possible at its price. I use it especially for its HDCD decoding capabilities (All the King Crimson reissue CD's are HDCD ), which is what I mainly use it for and Digital Radio of a Sky box.

Regards D S D L---- Neil

I'm ILOB.

Nice system Neil
    Are you using the TT theses days
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    I got this one S/H from Jack Lawson at the Audio Salon
    I bought my Ayre disc player from him. What a very nice man he is, saw my deal through from start to finish and called me several times to ensure I had received it, set it up correctly etc.

I'm Neil.

Default Hi John and MartinT

Hi guys

Yes John, I am using my TT these days, I have embarked on a process of Cartridge and Phono stage evaluation. I changed the Van den Hul frog Gold to an Ortofon Mc 7500 Cart (I got it with the Sme TT as part of the deal so essentially FOC, along with a Chord Coral Phono stage). Its quite old, having been bought back in 1997. I checked it under a Magnifying Glass and it looks okay. This was highly rated in its day, so I will have a listen today. I then want to revisit my Lyra Clavis mk1, Ortofon Mc2000 mk2 and a VDH MC10. The Pass Labs XONO will also get a good listen again and the Chord. I feel I have neglected this side of things a bit and I need to just check that the Bat is best in the main set up or might be better upstairs or one of the other carts may be a better match in the main set up. We shall see.

Hi Martin Yes I found Jack to be very good during this trade to trade transaction(bought from him when I was still in the hi-fi trade a few years ago). Quick and clean, with no issues. The MSB Link Dac is a very good product especially now as S/H it can be got for around about £300 ish.

Regards D S D L----- Neil
    Last edited by Spectral Morn; 09-01-2009 at 09:27.

I'm InSpace.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    (love the big Russian ones in your B.A.T VK75
    They look like 6C33 'Trawler Valves'..... or 'MIG Valves' if you prefer.
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

They're Russian 'trawler' (or yes, as you say 'MIG') valves Mikey, as are also used in the Almarro SET amp - awesome things

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Neil.

Default 6c33 Valves

Hi Guys

Yes the Bat Power valves are indeed the 6c33's. These had many uses, and were a Russian new production valve during the later part of the Cold war(late 50's early 60's, I believe). They were used in the guidance systems of a number of MIG Fighters and Fighter Bombers. The Russian pilot who defected to Japan in A MIG Fox Bat(or was it a Back fire, I can't remember which)in the late 70's/early 80's. His plane used these in the avionics. It was the presence of these which so amused the Americans(that the poor Russians were still using Tubes). However, If a Nuke had been air-burst over a battle field the American Jets would have all crashed as their avionics would have been fried( due to EMP) and the Russian Jets would still be flying. Tubes/Valves aren't quite so Antique Now, MR America.

Russian Trawler Radio sets(Spy Ships) used these(6c33) too.

Its my understanding that the CEO of Balanced Audio Technology ( he comes from Russia)was the first to bring these valves to Audio in the West, as well as the 6h30p Super Tube (another Russian cold War valve). BAT have used both these valves in nearly all of their products, since the beginning of the company back in the early80's

I must say that I love the sound of 6c33 valves (like across between a 845 and a 6a3/2A3 ). I also like the 6h30p sound too.

Quite a few companies now use these tubes (I guess Bat no longer have an exclusive on them), which is a great thing IMO
    Ancient Audio (of Poland), Opera Audio(of China), Almarro(of Japan) and others.

Regards D S D L---- Neil
    Last edited by Spectral Morn; 09-01-2009 at 13:39.

I'm Neil.

Default More Photos

Hi Guys

More Photos in the Post now, Anthony Gallo Speakers and Nakamichi tape deck.

Regards D S D L---- Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast