+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HDMI switch box

I'm Jerry.

Default HDMI switch box

My Yamaha AV amp has two HDMI inputs and one output but one input is faulty. It means we are always having to get around the back of the unit to switch cables when we want to watch a DVD.
    I bought a very cheap switch box but that didn't work. Anyone recommend one that will switch automatically depending on the source selected?
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Mark.

Octava are a quality brand that works that I use on installations.

http://www.octavainc.com/

Look for a model number on that site then google for it to find UK suppliers.

before buying google for 'customer service' and name of reseller as some are not too hot with customer service should you have a problem.

I'm Jerry.

Thanks Mark but that's a dear product for a miserable pauper like me.
    Any others?
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm David.

I have one of these belkin ones I picked up in homebase for £20

Works a treat and has to my eye zero effect in the picture ... I bought it after I killed two of the hdmi sockets on my tele ...

It even has a remote control as well as auto detecting

Does anyone else have to store all thier audiophile dust behind the tv? The missis wipes the rest of it away .. Damn her ...
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Jerry.

That,s a bit more like it Hamish. I wonder why HDMI sockets die so easily?
    The dust bunnies live at the back of our TV but don't tell her indoors or she will call in pest control!
    Jerry

I'm David.

Here it is ... Could find it a second ago ... It's belkin no delkin ... Getting my hobbies mixed up

http://www.belkin.com/pressroom/rele...to1Switch.html

Hdmi sockets die from using them with cheap cables ... At least that's my experience
    That or pressure/weight on the cable ...

I think secretly she knows the dust is there ... But she will get in trouble if she goes behind there and breaks anything
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

I'd go along with Mark, I use an Octava HDMI distribution amp & have used others previously with poorer results.

Just make sure that whatever it is you purchase has a proper metal case & not a plastic one. It seems daft to use decent multiscreened HDMI cable & then a crappy unshielded plastic case for a switcher.

Half the battle is done if it's metal imho.
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm David.

the belkin is metal cased ... just fyi

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    the belkin is metal cased ... just fyi
    I thought it may well be looking at the picture you posted

Knowing most Belkin kit is rather good for the money, I think it would be the one I'd go for if I was in Jerrys shoes...
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Jerry.

Never thought about the metal/plastic issue, that's a fair point Mark.
    Jerry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast