+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rappaport Preamplifiers

I'm Geoff.

Default Rappaport Preamplifiers

Has anybody used one? I had a Rappaport Pre 1, this dated from the mid/late seventies. It was then, by far the best pre-amp I'd ever heard and I kept many years. One publication described it as the best pre-amp in the world. I would not go that far as there were indoubtedly other great units about, but it certainly impressed me. I have seen negative comment about it's design and it's designer, but I think that was just people with an axe to grind. Geoff.

synsei Guest

Nope, but I've just read an interesting article about it and the man himself on Audiokarma and as a result it is probably best I keep schtum. Motorola might have something to say to the gentlemen concerned however...

I'm Tom.

I had a Rap Pre 1 back in the 80's. Superb bit of kit and been after another one for years.

I'm Chris.

Just posted on another bit on these, then found this. I had one briefly in the 89s. Memory is that it sounded pretty good. I bet there aren't many about now.
    Chris.

I'm Colin.

Just noticed this ,https://www.gold-vintage-experience....port-pre1.html. Not sure if you are still looking

Colin

+ Reply to Thread