+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Boot Sales

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    After a brief pause he said, 'Sorry, we can't make it today. We always go to the car boot sale on a Sunday'.
    Blimey that's a bit harsh... seeing the baby or going to a car boot... surely there is no comparison...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Blimey that's a bit harsh... seeing the baby or going to a car boot... surely there is no comparison...
    Well, quite. And if I say so myself, she was a lovely baby. The same uncle failed to visit another aunt (his older sister) when she was in a nursing home as the visiting time would have clashed with his daily visit to the pub. He was called Joe. In fact all the males in my family were called either Joe or George. Why they didn't ring the changes a bit, I'll never know, but the net result was that I ended up with a father, brother, cousin, nephew and deceased uncle all called George, and when my mother referred to 'our George' she didn't mean my brother or her husband, but my late uncle who had died very young a few years before I was born.

So sorry to hear that Joe...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Martin.

Given the choice between going to a car boot or seeing someone's new baby I'd take the boot sale every time. If one of my nephews called me on a Sunday morning and asked me to come over to see his new baby my heart would sink. Credit to your uncle that he was prepared to just brazen it out like that.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I can see both sides I guess...
    Bev

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Well, quite. And if I say so myself, she was a lovely baby. The same uncle failed to visit another aunt (his older sister) when she was in a nursing home as the visiting time would have clashed with his daily visit to the pub. He was called Joe. In fact all the males in my family were called either Joe or George. Why they didn't ring the changes a bit, I'll never know, but the net result was that I ended up with a father, brother, cousin, nephew and deceased uncle all called George, and when my mother referred to 'our George' she didn't mean my brother or her husband, but my late uncle who had died very young a few years before I was born.
    I sympathise and understand completely. Richard is a traditional name in our family, as well as me there is my uncle (now sadly deceased), my nephew, my great nephew and my niece's husband. Family get togethers are an exercise in nicknames.

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by stairpost View Post
    I sympathise and understand completely. Richard is a traditional name in our family, as well as me there is my uncle (now sadly deceased), my nephew, my great nephew and my niece's husband. Family get togethers are an exercise in nicknames.
    Ah, so Rich is your name - I thought you were just boasting
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Ah, so Rich is your name - I thought you were just boasting
    If it had been a boast, I would have had to include handsome and witty

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm Steve.

If it had been a boast, I would have had to include handsome and witty
    And rabbits too - don't you just hate people who have it all?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm joe.

And I've just remembered that my mother's father (who died before I was born) was also called George. What's odd is that his family was Irish, so you might expect lots of Particks, Seans and so forth. But no. All Georges, as far back as we can make out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast