+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Car Boot Sales

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Ha - no it was the Hokuto apple: nice and bulbous

Marco.
    Had to look that one up. That looks really sore, did you get some cream to put on it? Or are you lactose intolerant?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

No, it gets all red like that after 'visiting' the sheep pen

Marco.

I'm Steve.

And if they don't like those apples You can threaten them with the mint sauce

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Just out of interest what makes the difference between you and a vulture? Do you not try and pick up all the good stuff and instead leave most of it so that others can share in the good fortune?

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
    When we arrive to sell, around 6:00, we are immediately approached by people asking us if we have any records, jewellery, watches etc.for sale for sale; sometimes even before we have got out of the car. When asked "have you got any records?", I usually reply "Yes, a couple of thousand, but they are at home and not for sale".

And no, I don't try to pick up all the good stuff, because when it comes to vinyl I often have those titles that interest me already (and in better condition too).
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Ha - no it was the Hokuto apple: nice and bulbous

Marco.
    "... is large, round in shape with red stripes on a yellowish background." Don't worry Marco, you can get some ointment for that - a daily application and it should clear up in a couple of weeks!
    Last edited by Barry; 01-09-2019 at 18:41.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    When we arrive to sell, around 6:00, we are immediately approached by people asking us if we have any records, jewellery, watches etc.for sale for sale; sometimes even before we have got out of the car. When asked "have you got any records?", I usually reply "Yes, a couple of thousand, but they are at home and not for sale".

And no, I don't try to pick up all the good stuff, because when it comes to vinyl I often have those titles that interest me already (and in better condition too).
    If you tell them you have only one record, a criminal one for GBH, they might get out of your way

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    If you tell them you have only one record, a criminal one for GBH, they might get out of your way
    IME most of them look like they have records of their own. One time all we'd done is park the van and they were already into the back of it pulling stuff out.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    IME most of them look like they have records of their own. One time all we'd done is park the van and they were already into the back of it pulling stuff out.
    A few carefully-placed mousetraps would have helped there

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516