+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Boot Sales

I'm Martin.

I've never heard of it before now but it seems like it's as widely owned as Dark Side Of The Moon.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I've never heard of it before now but it seems like it's as widely owned as Dark Side Of The Moon.
    Or Simon and Garfunkel greatest hits. That seems to make a surprise appearance in quite a few collections.

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I've often seen it at boot sales. https://www.discogs.com/Ananta-Night...release/785333.

Barry

I'm Martin.

Never seen it before in my life.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

You don't go to the right boot sales.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

I sense that you're interested - Ok then, 20p inc. postage, no need to pay until you've played it, and if not completely satisfied keep the 20p. Can't say fairer than that.

If you decide to sell it on, don't forget to shave your head and put on your best orange bedsheet.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Yesterday's car boot CD haul, 50p each:

Nirvana "Nevermind"
    Stranglers "Rattus Norvegicus"
    ZZ Top "Eliminator"
    Peter Green Splinter Group "Blues Don't Change"
    Was (Not Was) "Hello Dad...I'm in Jail"

Took a punt on the last two, never heard them

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Yesterday's car boot CD haul, 50p each:

Nirvana "Nevermind"
    Stranglers "Rattus Norvegicus"
    ZZ Top "Eliminator"
    Peter Green Splinter Group "Blues Don't Change"
    Was (Not Was) "Hello Dad...I'm in Jail"

Took a punt on the last two, never heard them
    Nice haul Steve - though I haven't heard of "Hello Dad...I'm in Jail".

Went to our local bootsale yesterday. All I bought was a wine cooler, a DVD and a couple of phone chargers.

There was one guy selling some classical LPs in decent condition, but I already had all the titles that interested me.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

It would be so much easier to build a collection if I just lowered my standards. I could pick up Robbie Williams' entire discography for about 15p. Similar with Atomic Kitten.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Nice haul Steve - though I haven't heard of "Hello Dad...I'm in Jail".

Went to our local bootsale yesterday. All I bought was a wine cooler, a DVD and a couple of phone chargers.

There was one guy selling some classical LPs in decent condition, but I already had all the titles that interested me.
    The trick is definitely to get there early. Trouble is I'm usually late to bed Saturday nights.

The only Was (Not Was) song I know of is their cover of Temptations' "Papa was a Rolling Stone". DJ played it ahead of Rolling Stones performing at Maine Road. Sounded really good on the monster PA. I'm fully prepared to be disappointed.

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast