+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Boot Sales

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by willbewill View Post
    I increase the price each time they ask.
    We've done that too! Well you're unlikely to sell 'em anything, so you may as well take the piss a bit.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    When I used to do car boots many years ago (and for me it was a living not just a novelty day out) I was at first surprised at how the punters wanted to buy decent stuff for next to nothing.

Slowly it dawned on me that if they had any money they would be shopping at Harrods and not at a run-down greyhound racing stadium during a pre-dawn rainstorm.
    Strange how so many of them were driving newish 4x4s and Mercs
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

I'm Martin.

Not round here they weren't.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

I had a Bedford van. £75 on the road. Took ages to get anywhere because the top speed was 50 mph. Sold it to a bloke who was really into Bedford vans (yeah, your guess is as good as mine) for £350.

Did a boot with a mate one time and he even sold the car we came in. The people came to pick it up later so we could still get home. That was at a quite posh one in Nantwich though.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Adam.

At my local car boot sale (now sadly closed) one of the regular buyers used to turn up in an immaculate late 1970s Rolls Royce. I often wondered if he had to resort to shopping at car boot sales because he had a Rolls Royce, or if he could afford a Rolls Royce because he shopped at car boot sales...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Steve.

Maybe he bought the Roller at a car boot sale, off Macca's mate.

Big skips and porta-bogs have landed in our local field, a sign that it will be starting this Sunday.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

First boot sale of the year near us last Sunday. Turnout was piss poor, but there was a freezing wind and I pitied those braving it. Got just 2 CDs, "Very Best of Elton John" and also one called "Wallflower" by Diana Krall. Don't know if it's my sort of thing (haven't played it yet) but I've heard one or two on here seem to rate her, so at 50p thought it worth a punt. Oh and a roll of duct tape too. And some gardening gloves.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Martin.

if you like your music glossy and bland, Diana's your girl.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    First boot sale of the year near us last Sunday. Turnout was piss poor, but there was a freezing wind and I pitied those braving it. Got just 2 CDs, "Very Best of Elton John" and also one called "Wallflower" by Diana Krall. Don't know if it's my sort of thing (haven't played it yet) but I've heard one or two on here seem to rate her, so at 50p thought it worth a punt. Oh and a roll of duct tape too. And some gardening gloves.
    You can wrap the duct tape round your ears if you don't like the Diana Krall CD

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Steve.

I can wear my gardening gloves when I bury it in the garden.

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast