+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Varied musical tastes.

Default Varied musical tastes.

What i've noticed thru the ''Spinning today'' section as well as other forums is that people generally have a broad & varied taste in music..How is this possible? Just how! No way on earth could i listern to a different style of music than what i do!...Just something i've never understood..I find it near on impossible..

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

It's called being open-minded, mate. You're just too stuck in your ways!

No way could I listen to the same type of music day in day out...

Variety is the spice of life!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    It's called being open-minded, mate. You're just too stuck in your ways!

No way could I listen to the same type of music day in day out...

Variety is the spice of life!

Marco.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

LOL. Well you can't be a DJ and play only the one kind of music, can ya?

Music is a mood thing for me, and different types of music suit different moods, or occasions. Man, yesterday I was listening to George Michael, The Beatles, Tiesto, and then finished off with some Hawkwind!

I guess that I must have been in a strange mood...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    some Hawkwind!
    Superb.Next time you listern to the real Hawkwind bear these images in mind:

http://www.tac.streamlinetrial.co.uk...cia/stacia.htm

Stacia Blake all 6 ft 2 inches tall with a 52 inch bust.Luverly..Her last appearence with hawkwind was the Reading festival late 1975...

I've seen Hawkwind live 8 times.

VG- You're putting us on, right? You can't be serious.
    Hear your music, not your speakers

VG: Surely as a prog enthusiast you realise the reason why that style started was because of a broad musical taste. Prog bands often incorporate other styles (such as classical and jazz) into their music... which is what makes it progressive.

I listen to, and even play many different styles. I am a classical pianist who plays keyboards in a heavy metal band, and also piano/keyboards in a Jazz duet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick O View Post
    VG: Surely as a prog enthusiast you realise the reason why that style started was because of a broad musical taste. Prog bands often incorporate other styles (such as classical and jazz) into their music... which is what makes it progressive.
    Aye & the record company bosses are what ended progressive in the mid '70's.All that was gone for a more simple straight forward composition if you like to call em that .

I could no more live with one style of music than I could face a burger and chips diet. The only thing that has stayed a consistent for me is a abhorrence of UK brewed Lager, I would say all, but one or two Belgium one's tickle my pallet. I think the choice is as much down to the residuals from a working day as anything, well that and if listening alone or 'en famille'
    sod the hi-fi, listen to the music

Quote Originally Posted by Rick O View Post
    Prog bands often incorporate other styles (such as classical and jazz) into their music... which is what makes it progressive.
    What makes prog so exciting.Incorporated styles or not, prog is still a music all of it's own..
    Last edited by Vinyl Grinder; 15-02-2008 at 18:00.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast