+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Room correction available now @ BD-Audio

I'm Jack.

Indeed, it is possible to make manual changes but a large suck out will not be automatically fixed on initial setup.

I'm Jack.

My advise for working with a suck out would be to move your speakers closer to a rear wall and re-calibrate the unit.

I'm Jack.

Darn, my phone had me logged in under my old account. Anyway, as above!

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by realysm42 View Post
    Someone mentioned doing a check on how hard their subs were working with the unit in the chain and how much easier they worked when it wasn't in the chain.

I think their conclucion is the unit (when doing it's dsp) forced units to work harder to counter the effects of whatever room they're placed in?
    That was me & I think I know where I probably messed up

What I forgot is that the 8033 has gain in the circuit, but of course as soon as I hit bypass then the signal passes straight through with no gain at all

So while I was indeed using more power with the correction & I remember saying I was getting to the level where I was hearing distortion (that was the bass drivers by the way), as soon as I hit bypass the power level dropped due to no gain

Sorry Martin, a genuine case of needing to engage brain before hitting the keyboard
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm fuckoff.

Another question on this; as my M-dac is asynchronous, if I were to have the data delivered via optical, I'd be losing this advantage wouldn't I?

I'm Jack.

Connect the antimode to the tape loop of your amplifier then it doesn't matter.

There are some more updates released today.

http://www.dspeaker.com/en/products/...e-update.shtml

I'm Jack.

Just a reminder that these are available from stock on a next day delivery.

Cheers,
    Jack

I'm Mark.

so If I understand correctly whether you input to the antimode by digital or analogue connections, Since it has to convert to digital to apply the DSP adjustments?

at this point aren't we losing any benefit of whatever expensive DAC was already in use in deference to however good or bad the ADC and DAC in the antimode is?

I'm Jack.

If you pass through the digital in and out then to your Dac everything is done in the digital domain, running through the analogue side though the large majority of people using them can't detect a difference anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789