+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cloud

I'm John.

Default Cloud

A question about Clouds.
    I've got my digital music backed-up and stored safely, but I'd like to be able to stream to portable devices.
    I decided against iTunes Cloud because of the 25,000 track limit and have bought KnowHow Livedrive......with the upload speeds I can get at home I think I'll be dead by the time everything uploads. Tracks that are uploaded stream to iPad and iPhone very quickly.
    Has anyone solved this issue or any ideas? ..I live in a village so no chance of signing up to ultra fast fibre-optic connection around here as yet.
    Thanks
    John

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by johnB View Post
    A question about Clouds.
    I've got my digital music backed-up and stored safely, but I'd like to be able to stream to portable devices.
    I decided against iTunes Cloud because of the 25,000 track limit and have bought KnowHow Livedrive......with the upload speeds I can get at home I think I'll be dead by the time everything uploads. Tracks that are uploaded stream to iPad and iPhone very quickly.
    Has anyone solved this issue or any ideas? ..I live in a village so no chance of signing up to ultra fast fibre-optic connection around here as yet.
    Thanks
    John
    Do you want to stream to those devices inside your home, or away from your home?
    Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

I'm Lee.

You could try something like streamtome which is an iOS app you run on your iPad or iPhone. You then run a server on your mac and either share your iTunes library or specific folders. There's another similar app that I forget the name of right now.
    Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

I'm John.

Thanks Lee.....I'd like to run on portable device (aka iPad), both at home and awa from home.....I just can't fit 300gb of music onto the ipad!
    Cheers
    John

I'm Mike.

You dont have any option to bring your collection of music to a friend with good connectivity? Such as on an external harddrive or so?
    BR mike

+ Reply to Thread