• 1/10 It all sounds the same.

0 0%
  • 2/10 Some redeeming features, though I can't remember them

2 16.67%
  • 3/10 Not my cup of tea, though some of it was interesting

3 25.00%
  • 4/10 Not a bad effort

0 0%
  • 5/10 One day I might just spin it again!

1 8.33%
  • 6/10 Not bad at all...

2 16.67%
  • 7/10 I might check out some of their other music

0 0%
  • 8/10 I like this!

2 16.67%
  • 9/10 Very good, I'll be listening again soon.

1 8.33%
  • 10/10 I'm going to hunt for the CD as I want it!

1 8.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Album Club: 01.05.2012 Robert Rich & B. Lustmord - Stalker (1995)

MartinT Guest

I'm streaming it now to the 'big rig'. I'll post my thoughts later.

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Get those Eton drivers moving Martin

Just voted myself & had to give it a 9/10 as I already have the CD I see someone gave it a 10
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Paul.

Those people who gave it 8,9 and 10 must be on some good stuff. Or perhaps went down the pub first.

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by Audioman View Post
    Those people who gave it 8,9 and 10 must be on some good stuff. Or perhaps went down the pub first.

I'm always on good stuff I did mention I gave it a 9 simply because I couldn't give it 10 as I already have the CD
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Barry.

When do the guitars and singing kick in

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazil View Post
    When do the guitars and singing kick in
    I thought that too.

I suppose that if you are chilling out, you don't want anything exciting to happen, do you?

Martin
    Martin

Source: Sonos CONNECT DAC: Rega DAC Amp: Rega Brio-R Speakers: Neat Motive 2.

My system photos

I'm John.

Well, it’s interesting.
    I’m not a great ambient sounds fan. I check out what I can of Mark’s music posts usually, mainly because even if the sounds don’t quite get my feet tapping, the recording quality seems in general to be above the usual beat based stuff I prefer.
    But, then again I’ve got proper speakers and much of this stuff just doesn’t get sorted with “I got bass at 100Hz”, or “ leeme just adjust my wardrobes”.

Would I buy it?

Hmm, maybe at the right price.

Can I listen to it without needing drugs to cope with another track, or receding into a Prog Rock fog of bad taste and fond memories?

Sure, but like anything else, I’ve got to be in the right mood and I’m not one for mood altering with chemicals these days; nope, not even the liquid variety.

Overall, more interesting than much of the stuff that gets “I lurv it” here but being a dancing fool with a preference for da funk and a bit of ya get down I cant give no rave votes here.

6/10
    Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
    -Bertrand Russel

John.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Nice to see you're still alive John (Welder) - I was just about to wake the St Bernard up.

Meanwhile... I keep trying to play this, and I do like ambient, but even I am waiting for something exciting to happen... (Perhaps no blonde girly wailing is the problem! ) I'll give it another try tomorrow after a couple of sherbets.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Rich.

A 3 from me... and I'm normally partially to a bit of ambient stuff but this wasnt really enough to keep me interested.

Well produced what i heard though so maybe its where my head is at right now... :
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

MartinT Guest

A fascinating exercise, Mark. I listened and, like some others here, kept thinking that a detectable tune or melody would emerge. This is pure mood creation of a sort that I don't have anywhere in my collection. Even Tangerine Dream create a tune that can be vaguely followed, but not this. My brain kept trying and failed.

On the sound quality front, it's excellently 'assembled' (I have no understanding of how this was created and/or on what instruments played apart from synthesiser) and the bass is truly extended and thunderous in parts. My quad 11" Etons were certainly well worked out by the end of it.

On the basis that I would not choose to buy music like this to listen to I'll give it 3/10, but I thank you for giving me some insight into a quite alien (to me) branch of music.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast