+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just bought an exposure Viii amp

I'm ian.

Default Just bought an exposure Viii amp

Hi, recently purchased this amp to go with my exposure Vi psu and Vii pre. I was originally using a wad kel34 as the power amp.
    First impressions are increase in low end detail, power and bit more depth. I miss the warmth and realism of the valve amp however.

Build quality is extremely sold, the old saying 'they don't make them like this anymore' is very true with this amp.

I'm Phil.

Expo VI / VII / VIII is a great system - all that plus the excellent built-in phono stage.

I'm ian.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000RPM View Post
    Expo VI / VII / VIII is a great system - all that plus the excellent built-in phono stage.
    I've been using a valve power amp for 15 years so hard to change from valves to transistors. At the moment the exposure is showing great detail and sounds great with electronic music but feel the valve amp has the edge with classical/guitar. The instruments sound more real. But the exposure has more power and low and high frequencies.

Both good but in different areas.

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

I still keep a VI, VII & VIII. I love it when people who've paid good money for tiny, shiny boxes in Comet hear the performance from the "biscuit tin"-lidded Expos

Pete

+ Reply to Thread