+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Art of Sound Law - Your Rights

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

What can the Art of Sound Police do about little Richard Dunn? Billy-no-mates has been hounding me mercilessly in recent times on his little forum and it's getting worse, since he's convinced I'm a selective shill, adjusting my "recommendations" depending on the forum I frequent. What is it with people like him. I have an idea that it would be rather costly for him to continue to persecute Marco, so he picks on someone who cannot respond. Talk about one-way ad hominem

Why all this angst streaming from his direction? Recommending the brand from Southend has got to be better, sonic advantages apart, than sending prospective peeps to a Sevenoaks store for a shitty Roksan/Cyrus/Monitor Audio system wired up with QED, Chord or Black Rhodium wires, surely??????????????
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    .... for a shitty Roksan/Cyrus/Monitor Audio system wired up with ... Chord or Black Rhodium wires, surely??????????????
    Well, that could well be the basis for quite a nice system, actually, some Roksan and Cyrus kit I've had here recently was very nice in its way, and Chord and BR cables have gone down well here, too.

--- or is that a bit ?

___

Just ignore RD if he bothers you, Dave. What does it matter?

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    What can the Art of Sound Police do about little Richard Dunn? Billy-no-mates has been hounding me mercilessly in recent times on his little forum and it's getting worse, since he's convinced I'm a selective shill, adjusting my "recommendations" depending on the forum I frequent. What is it with people like him. I have an idea that it would be rather costly for him to continue to persecute Marco, so he picks on someone who cannot respond. Talk about one-way ad hominem

Why all this angst streaming from his direction? Recommending the brand from Southend has got to be better, sonic advantages apart, than sending prospective peeps to a Sevenoaks store for a shitty Roksan/Cyrus/Monitor Audio system wired up with QED, Chord or Black Rhodium wires, surely??????????????
    He does it because he know's it winds you up Dave and then he and his cronies have a good laugh at your expense when you blow. Don't read his forum matey, it has nothing whatsoever to do with music and hifi, it is purely a vehicle for Richard to insult the world at large from the relative safety of his own domain. How he and his posse have escaped being sued by some of the parties he has slandered is beyond me, but there is yet time. I hope his pseudo brief chooses to act on his behalf if he is sued because it will be fun to watch the ensuing car crash

Incidentally, Richard has lifted my ban in an attempt to lure me back on to read his shit. Guess what, I'd rather crawl through the sewers of Mexico City
    Last edited by synsei; 23-01-2013 at 15:17.

I'm Mark.

'Tis better than not being talked about at all Dsjr. You is famous, or maybe notorious. )

I have a quick mooch on that other forum once in a blue moon for shits n giggles. Makes me feel better about myself.
    Mark

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Well, that could well be the basis for quite a nice system, actually, some Roksan and Cyrus kit I've had here recently was very nice in its way, and Chord and BR cables have gone down well here, too.

--- or is that a bit ?

___

Jerry, I was thinking of the Roksan Kandy amp, which may be better now although the K2 was just a VERY LOUD UNMUSICAL NOISE which I'm sure even you wouldn't live with. the caspian stuff was more like the related? Quad 77 and 99 series and much safer sounding.

Cyrus? if you like screaming detail I suppose you're right, but get it wrong and I don't think much of their stuff is for keeps, unless one forks out for all the extra power supplies

Chord cables carry a minimum of 60% margin for the dealer - nuff said! Black Rhodium used to be 75% MARGIN (not markup) for dealers stocking the whole lot (many Audio T shops?), so easy give aways to those not in the know.

I didn't mention Musical Fidelity and probably don't need to since their reputation with non Sevenoaks dealers around the country says it all.........

Nah, that little HiFi brand from the Southend On Sea area give superb long-term service to their dealers and end users alike. Their locally made (NOT China) stuff generally lasts well and reliably, although the Brio R isn't very happy driving shorts I've recently discovered and by and large, much of their gear is available from a select number of good dealers (although the dreaded Audio T chain stock 'em too still I think) who don't make a huge profit and the smallest ones have to pay pro Forma too. I really DON't get anything out of it, it's simply years of experience of the brand and knowing how they care about their reputation and customer satisfaction. The only item that may not be quite up to it is the Fono USB, which isn't anything like as good as what is in their better gear I understand - oh, and I've never been the strongest fan of their now 30 year old fixed-coil cartridges either (Bias, Elys and to a much lesser extent the Exact), although being a Decca fan, I rather like the vibrant and cheerful Apheta when set up in a deck and arm it likes

I'm at home with the lurgy today and my banging headache hasn't improved much. Time to stop typing and put some Ulrich Schnauss choons on methinks to soothe my soul Oh yeah,before I close my rant off - I don't use a brio R because I have summat older, more powerful and far better suited to my needs facilities-wise, OK?
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm gone.

Ah well, as this is a hifi forum, let's talk about hifi then.

Roksan - I recently had a play with a M2 Caspian, and it was really good at some stuff. Not a jack-of-all-trades, but what is?
    Cyrus - well, the CD8x CDP I had was far from screechy - lovely tonality, actually, I did a little review on it on my AOS Gallery blog - my 1-Word-Review was "beautiful".

-- you do trot out the old stereotypes, don't you!

Cables - well, the big brands are all notorious for their markups, aren't they!

And, OY !! - what do you mean "which I'm sure even you wouldn't live with" - I've got good taste, me!
    Last edited by jandl100; 23-01-2013 at 14:04.

I'm Adam.

With all due respect Dave ('cos you're a lovely fella!) I'm afraid Jerry has hit the nail on the head here:

-- you do trot out the old stereotypes, don't you!
    Personally, I'm a big fan of Rega in general, but also like Roksan gear and have heard Cyrus kit make some lovely noises (including the setup owned by my brother-in-law).

All three companies have made plenty of stunning kit and the odd item that was personally not to my liking but, as Jerry said, sweeping generalisations do no-one any favours and only ensure that anyone who wishes to have a pop at you has suitable ammunition.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Where would you spread it on her to lick off, I wonder? Or she could pop it somewhere on you, to make a nice 'cone'? Dunno where she'd shove the Flake, though!

Marco.
    and there was me trying to be a gentleman

I'm Neil.

--- or is that a bit ?

___

but not with Monitor Audio speakers unless you like being presented with an in your face bright, hard sound and not a well balanced one - in my opinion of course.

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    but not with Monitor Audio speakers unless you like being presented with an in your face bright, hard sound and not a well balanced one - in my opinion of course.
    I think I would agree with you -- but then again I know of folk who just love their Monitor Audio speakers -- and who am I to say they are wrong?
    It's right for them!

... maybe teaming up with a somewhat smooth and 'beautiful' Cyrus CD8X CDP (honest, Dave!) is a good match for them?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast