+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 84 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Your Turntables out for the Lads 2012

I'm David.

Default Get Your Turntables out for the Lads 2012

As it's been quite some time since the last thread I did in which we had some rather special turntable pictures submitted, I thought as we have plenty of new members and probably lots of turntables have changed it's time for a new turntable picture thread, the rules are simple, take a picture of your turntable, preferably without anything visible in the background (like coffee mugs and ornaments) and post it in this thread, the best 5 will be sent a small token of appreciation for their efforts.

1. Furutech PC-2 DVD/CD Cleaner
    2. Blue Horizon Clean-It
    3. Blue Horizon Probrush
    4. 45 Central 45RPM Adapter
    5. 10 VRP Record Sleeves

Here is one of my favourites from last year..........

Post away..........

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Here's a couple to get you started, Daftee... First of all, I nominate Maks K's superb looking SL-1210MK5G, with MN platter and SME V/Ortofon 2M Black (taken from his Gallery thread):

And my own lil' Dansette:

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Greg.

Not very good at photos and this is my very first upload...ever.

As they say, you had to be there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Nick.

That's a beautiful deck, Greg. My dad had a 301 just like yours but in a much more basic plinth. He only sold it a few years ago - we both wished he hadn't but what's done is done. I remember making 'pin gramophones' and running them on his Garrard I remember him hating me playing 12" 45's because he was worried the increased groove modulation would wreck his stylus!
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Greg.

Thanks Nick.

I am from the remedial class of audiophiles!

I found it in an old sideboard in a garage.

I don't know much about these things but there is no audible rumble, whatsoever, even when you put your ear to it when the music isn't playing. MB said it was one of the best 301s he had renovated when he put his bearing in it and changed the swtiches and gave me back the bakelite originals that he said would break in time.

Its a SME 3012 series II but the bed plate is NOS with no number.

People say 301s play bass whether it's there or not but I love the sound whether it is perceived as coloured or not it seems to have such a joi de vivre.

Regards,

Greg

I'm Greg.

Forgot to say the plinth is also by Martin Bastin and is extremely heavy consisting of layered wood with a veneer. Not the flashiest around but I like it.

I'm Robert.

Feck me Some sweet looking decks. Love them all, particularly Maks K's SL-1210MK5G, just looks mad classy (A bit like my 5G lol without that gorgeous arm) The SME V just makes the whole thing look awesome and if it sounds as good as it looks.......... MAMA !!!

I'm David.

This is more like it, the original pic was too weedy

I'm Greg.

I'm gobsmacked. Is that mine?

I'm Greg.

Thanks David. I've taken a crap pic but you've made it look good.

I love minimalism and for me it's a thing of beauty that trascends music despite the fact that it can do jsut that...make music.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 84 1231151 ... LastLast