+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's the buzz? (HiCap/Stageline buzz that is)

I'm Peter.

Default What's the buzz? (HiCap/Stageline buzz that is)

I've just installed a very nice DualTeddyCap II on my 282. This freed up the HiCap I was using. Great I thought, I can use the HiCap on the Stageline. It worked very well, superbly well in fact. That was when I was using the Naim snaic between the DTCII and the 282 and a Teddy Pardo snaic between the HiCap and the Stageline.

Now with the Teddy Pardo snaics on the 282, I just can't get rid of the buzz from the phonostage. If I turn off the HiCap it goes away, when I touch the snaic it changes in intensity and in pitch. It seemed like it was going to be ok, and the I touched the cartridge, the headshell or something.

Any ideas ?
    Intel NUC/Chevron Audio NDF16 dac/Amptastic Mini-1/Audium Comp 5
    Mains Block: Custom-HiFi-Cables PowerBlack Distribution Block (with super conditioner).
    Connected with Reference Fidelity Components Super Neptunes and Speaker Cables.