View Poll Results: Please rate this album from 1 to 10.

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1/10 Ear grating Irish popy pish.

2 12.50%
  • 2/10 Too much Jingly Jangly MOR

1 6.25%
  • 3/10 Just listenable but can't stand the singer.

1 6.25%
  • 4/10 OK but can't listen to it twice.

2 12.50%
  • 5/10 Worth a second listen.

1 6.25%
  • 6/10 Realy nice album but wouldn't buy.

1 6.25%
  • 7/10 Lovely tunes and would purchase CD.

3 18.75%
  • 8/10 Excellent sublime music.

4 25.00%
  • 9/10 Not a classic but one of my favourite albums.

1 6.25%
  • 10/10 Fantastic classic pop.

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Album Club - 20.03.2012 - The Cranberries 'Everybody Else Is Doing It..' (1993)

I'm John.

At my most charitable my suggestion is Dolores O’Riordan invests whatever money she has earnt in singing lessons; failing that autotune.
    She cant hold a note, she has no breath control and her timing is poor.
    Apart from the above, i don’t like the material and wouldn’t keep this if it was given to me let alone pay money for it.

Having had k d Lang preceded her probably hasn’t helped who can sing even if I don’t always like what she sings.

Just one more band that will hopefully slip into obscurity; the sooner the better.

1/10
    Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
    -Bertrand Russel

John.

I'm Keith.

Excellent album that I've owned since it came out - I was working quite often in Dublin at the time and 'Linger' was on the radio all the time. One of the girls in the sales office of the company that I was working for was from Limerick and knew Delores O'Riordan.

It was good to play this again after a fair while and I still enjoy it very much. 8 out of 10.
    Keith
    Analogue: Lenco L75 with 'PTP5' top plate in heavy birch ply plinth/re-wired Rega RB300/SAE 1000e HOMC Cartridge/Trans-Fi Reso-Mat/Moth RCM
    Files: Voyage MPD/Custom PC/Supra USB/Beresford ASYNCH-1/Beresford TOSlink cable
    CDP: Inca Katana SE
    DAC: Beresford Caiman MkII (LiPo Battery powered)
    Pre-Amp: Croft Micro 25 Power-Amp: Croft Series 7
    Speakers: DIY Frugel-Horn Mk3 ('FH3') + REL Strata subwoofer
    Headphones: Beyer Dynamics DT990 Pro (250 ohm)/Schiit Asgard Headphone Amp
    Cables - Interconnects: Mark Grant G1000HD Speaker Cables: Van Damme Blue
    Mains: Belkin PF30/Mark Grant DSP2.5 & DSP1.0 Rack: Target

Office System: HP Win8 Laptop/JRiver/MF V-Link2/Beresford Bushmaster MkII/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 771e
    Bedroom System: Raspberry Pi/Raspbrian + MPD/HiFiBerry DAC/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 760i or DIY Hybrid Valve-MOSFET Headphone amp + Sennheiser HD595

Gallery

I'm Simon.

The 4/10 description pretty much sums it up for me. Nothing too bad here but nothing outstanding or has the potential to grab me and want me to listen again.

However, I wouldn't moan about it if I was round someone's and they put it on. I've heard a lot worse.

I may be being a bit harsh here though so I may review later in the week.

I'm Barry.

I thought I was really going to like this as I like the singers voice, there is another song they do which is really good, don't know the name, something to do with English soldiers and the chorus goes Tommy, Tommy Tommy, I think. Anyway I was hoping for some songs in that vein but most of them are a bit bland.
    Just a 5/10 from me.

I'm Nick.

As a bit of a J-Pop / C-Pop fan, I've always liked Faye Wong's cover of 'Dreams', aka 'Dream Person'.

It's worth hearing, even if you don't like Dolores O'Riordan's own vocal presentation.
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

MartinT Guest

Interesting substitution of the Irish with Japanese accent there, Nick.

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Interesting substitution of the Irish with Japanese accent there, Nick.
    Definitely, though it's Cantonese - Easy mistake for the untrained ear
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

MartinT Guest

Oops!

I'm Bernie.

8 out of 10 for me. I've been listening to this for the last couple of weeks. Previously hadn't listened to it for years. Brings back memories.
    Bernie.

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazil View Post
    I thought I was really going to like this as I like the singers voice, there is another song they do which is really good, don't know the name, something to do with English soldiers and the chorus goes Tommy, Tommy Tommy, I think. Anyway I was hoping for some songs in that vein but most of them are a bit bland.
    Just a 5/10 from me.
    I think you might possibly be thinking of this one, and the chorus actually goes 'Zombie, Zombie, Zombie'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast