+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Caption Competition Results

I'm Paul.

Hi Grand Wazoo,

It would seem I only got the sticky hand. As the package was semt to my work there's a chance the guy who opens the post lost it. He swares blind he didn't see anything else though. However it wouldn't be the first time he's missed something.

The hand is great it really gets the crap of the stylus. I was a bit alarmed to come home one day and find that the kids were playing with it. Luckyly they didn't get it dirty!

When I get into Cambridge next I will go to a homeware store to seek out a Magic Eraser and see how that works out. This I'm really interested in as it may be possible to polish stracthes out of records with it. A while ago I bought a record from Ebay which was in good condition except for 1 stratch that caused the stylus to jump out of the groove. Having nothing to loose I used a needle to effectively force a clear channel through the groove. This actually worked . The stylus stopped jumping from the groove and hardly a click or pop was noticable.

I wonder if the magic eraser could be used to smooth it out even more??
    ~Paul~

I'm ChrisB.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    Hi Grand Wazoo,

It would seem I only got the sticky hand. As the package was semt to my work there's a chance the guy who opens the post lost it. He swares blind he didn't see anything else though. However it wouldn't be the first time he's missed something.

The hand is great it really gets the crap of the stylus. I was a bit alarmed to come home one day and find that the kids were playing with it. Luckyly they didn't get it dirty!

When I get into Cambridge next I will go to a homeware store to seek out a Magic Eraser and see how that works out. This I'm really interested in as it may be possible to polish stracthes out of records with it. A while ago I bought a record from Ebay which was in good condition except for 1 stratch that caused the stylus to jump out of the groove. Having nothing to loose I used a needle to effectively force a clear channel through the groove. This actually worked . The stylus stopped jumping from the groove and hardly a click or pop was noticable.

I wonder if the magic eraser could be used to smooth it out even more??
    Whoah, steady there!!! - I'd be highly sceptical about using the ME on a record - despite it looking just like a normal piece of foam it's incredibly aggresive. It's likely to scour the hell out of the groovey wiggleyness of your vinyl!! I've actually used it to artificially age wood on diy projects - it digs into the soft wood fibres to raise the grain just as effectively as wire wool!

With respect to it going AWOL in the envelope, this is a bit strange because I thought I stapled a piece of ME to the top right hand corner of the note I attached. It is white, so I suppose it would be possible to miss it. alternatively, I may just have left yours out. Either way, I'll send you a new bit.

Cheers

Chris

I'm Paul.

Its not for the feint hearted but if you've nothing to loose (the records unplayable anyway).............................

No need to worry about sending another one I will get one when I see it next. Thanks for the offer anyway.
    ~Paul~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123