+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinions needed - Free gift to One Respondant

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Dave.

Default Opinions needed - Free gift to One Respondent

Hi Folks, I have been playing with changing the way my listings look. Trouble is I can't decide what poeple prefer - a wordy listing or just a table of facts. So what I thought I would do is run a little competition -it's very simple. Just compare this listing - http://www.greenhomeshop.co.uk/shop/...roducts_id=491

with this listing - http://www.greenhomeshop.co.uk/shop/...roducts_id=370

tell me which one you prefer and why. Please post your comments here.

I will give it a couple of weeks and will pick one respondant at random, that person will receive a pair of super high quality Arcam interconnects totally free of charge.

Thanks in advance to anybody that takes a look and makes any comments (serious ones only please). We are always looking for ways to make our site more user friendly, this is one of many changes and updates I am thinking of.
    Please note these are just sample listings, the items are not available for sale, they are just to give the idea of two styles of listings.

All the best,Dave.

I'm OneOfTheSevenModsWhoToldMarcoNotToLiftHarry'sBan.

For me it would be the 2nd one.

http://www.greenhomeshop.co.uk/shop/...roducts_id=370

because I like to read a bit about a future purchase.

In the first ad there is a Features box,maybe you could incorporate a bit of each of them.

I know it's been mentioned before,but I still think you should get rid of the lady at the top.

IMHO

YMMV
    ATB

David

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Dave,

I vote for the first one - the template advertising the Arcam is tidier. For the type of website you're running and the products you're selling a table of specifications reads better to prospective buyers I feel rather than something wordier. Remember people's attention span reading websites is usually quite short, and as they say, you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!

Hope this helps

Regards,
    Marco.

P.S I agree with David about the woman - she makes it look like an insurance or a loan website.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Dave.

P.S I agree with David about the woman - she makes it look like an insurance or a loan website
    Aaaaaaarggghhhh *Dave scampers off to find Zencart book section on changing templates*
    Thanks guys, keep em coming :-)

I'm InSpace.

I'd like to see some sort of combination of the two. Some descriptive text thats actually interesting and relevant followed perhaps by a small table of features.

I have no idea what Mrs Schoolteacher is doing at the top either???

Cheers,
    Mike.

I'd like to see some sort of combination of the two. Some descriptive text thats actually interesting and relevant followed perhaps by a small table of features.
    I agree, Mike, but there's a limit to what you can say about an Arcam Alpha 5!

I still say that for this type of product the small table of specifications and brief description shown in the first example is simple and effective. If it were some rare valve amp that was for sale then that's a different matter...

Dave, I think it's unanimous that 'Jean Brodie' is superfluous to requirements if you want your website to be the creme de la creme!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm InSpace.

Fair point, but I was generalising..... I didn't take much notice of the Arcam as I assumed it was just an example!

You're right about it just being an example but as far as I'm aware it's representative of the type of kit Dave sells

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Dave.

LOL - yes she is a bit corporate / schoolteacher I am going to remove her as soon as I figure out how to do so. She got embedded by the company that used to host my web site and she can't be removed by the proper method. I can't figure out how they have done it so need to get a proper software person to have a look at it for me. I have a big upgrade planned so I may well work in the removal of Mrs. Strict at the same time.
    Dave.

I'm Stu.

Default Selling Gear.

I prefer the second listing. It's friendlier and gives more information. I used to wor in advertising before buying our restaurant in france and used to train new recruits how to write good copy.
    We used a system called AIDCA; Attention, Interest, Desire, Conviction, Action.
    pretty sensible and proved to work.
    Attention. Grab the readers attention with a headline. New or News are good ones, as are silly ones. Try not to use simply the name of the product. "New Improved" would be better than Arcam CD.
    Interest. This is the bit in the ad where you generate a bit of interest -a photo is good.
    Desire; Use of descriptive/emotive words is what this bits about. Beautiful, superior, excellent etc etc.
    Conviction; This is the bit where once the reader desires the object but needs convincing to buy it. Limited supply, the best cd player you will own blah blah, secure posting, proffessional packing....
    Action; Move the reader to a buyer. give as many options to enable the buying/parting with cash as poss'. "Pay by cash, card, paypal, magic beans" is better than "Cash only"
    Hope this was useful. I recently started selling on e bay and just whacked items up and described them. Since using Aidca stuff shifts more qickly and for a higher price!
    Stupinder Rajpoot III

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast