+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AoS Branding...

synsei Guest

Default AoS Branding...

Had an idea tonight that may or may not be viable. AoS has a big presence on the interweb these days and amongst the various hifi forums it is a very distinguishable brand. We also have quite a few members who design equipment. Most have their own companies to service, but having said that many of these members have offered unique designs and modifications for members to build or incorporate into their own equipment exclusively on AoS.

If these members are amenable we could harness their designs to offer a small range of products with 'Art Of Sound' branding. If it is successful the profits for this venture could go towards funding further product development, the AoS show or other AoS related projects. It would need to be handled sensitively of course because we don't want to be treading on the toes of successful and established businesses, but if we choose the product line carefully so as not to directly compete with their prime ventures, I think it could be workable.

The germ of this idea grew out of my self-enforced break. We are all very passionate about music and we are all struggling to put together systems that render music accurately, or as accurately as possible. This passion sometimes leads to disagreements, however we all have the same goal in mind. So I thought, why not bring together some of the highly regarded mods and designs that have been offered to AoS members exclusively under the Art Of Sound brand, for the benefit of all. After all many of these projects have been developed by members, for members, right here on AoS

An obvious starting point would be the Techie SL mods. These could be highly marketable if offered as kits with an extensive manual. I invite members thoughts on this idea, particularly from those members who have contributed designs and mods to AoS in the past
    Last edited by synsei; 13-03-2012 at 22:15.

I'm ChrisB.

Ahem........lookee here Dave:

synsei Guest

As it happens Chris it was this product that persuaded me that the idea had legs

I'm fuckoff.

Sorry for the leading question, but is that amp considered any good?

I would imagine so for it to have "our" brand on it.

I'm Nick.

It was an 'homage', and yes, I've heard it, and it is very good!
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Jostein.

Wut about an AOS T-Shirt?
    My hifi system:

Turntable: Technics SL-1200 MKII, Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge, Mike New bearing, MCRU PSU (c), Oyaide HS-CF headshell, Oyaide MJ-12 TT mat, Vantage Audio Copper mat, Isonoe Isolation Feet, Isodek IF-2 isolation platform, Furutech Monza LP stabilizer, Herbie's Hal-O JR damper Phono Stage: Hagerman Cornet 3 (prototype) Amplifiers: EAR 868L Preamp, Transcription Audio 211 Heaven Power amp, Bob Carver Cherry 180 power amp CD Player: Ear Yoshino Acute Tuner: Magnum Dynalab 90T Speakers: Vandersteen 2CE SigII, Townshend Audio Super Tweeters, Transcription Audio Speakers Cables and stuff: LFD Audio interconnects and speaker cables, Mark Grant G2000HD, BlackCat Electronics, Van Den Hul Clearwater, Black Rhodium mains cables, Black Rhodium mains block, Finite Elements Resonator, Townhsend Stella Speaker stands, Pro Audio Bono hifi rack, Herbie's spike gliders, Herbie's Ultravox and Hal-O tube dampers, Super Black Hole CD mat Record Cleaning Machine: Loricraft PRC4

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by jostber View Post
    Wut about an AOS T-Shirt?
    Well certainly some AoS name badges would be nice to use at shows so members could recognise one another.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by realysm42 View Post
    Sorry for the leading question, but is that amp considered any good?

I would imagine so for it to have "our" brand on it.
    Too bloody right it is

Steve & Valerie

www.electricbeachaudio.com

If you think you know the answer already, you're not really searching

A plastic box, some glass bottles, two metal tins and some lengths of string

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

It's so good, he even sleeps with it!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Well certainly some AoS name badges would be nice to use at shows so members could recognise one another.
    I'd ask Tabatha to design some 'special' ones... They may have a bondage theme

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast