+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 day Logitech sale 35% off, incl. SB Touch

I'm Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by seoirse2002 View Post
    Next acquisition will be the new ipad that my wife is buying herself
    Any tips on using it with the touch? Im starting from scratch here...totally new learning curve that I have resisted for such a while as been happy using my Logitech wireless dj....laugh you may,but I was(am) very happy with it,and the controller lets you select music,playlists,etc. without going near the receiver,and plays any format...its bluetooth so no network...only prob is Im planning on getting a dac too and the dj only has phono outputs.
    George - with an iPad the iPeng app is a must. It's way better than the Logitech app, and with an in-app purchase you can enable it (the iPad) to become another player on your network. Plug your headphones in, pour a beer, and relax in the garden . .

You said you're getting a DAC; another upgrade is a linear power supply. The Touch is the one SB device I don't have, so I can't give you first hand advice on how such upgrades will sound, but the original SB3 (aka Classic) and Receiver benefit from both.

The Touch can run as a standalone player with an attached USB drive, but if you install Squeezeserver on a suitable computer, you can get a wired or wireless network of players going around the house . . .

I'm sure Touch users here will give you more specific help.

Oh, there's always the Squeeze forum too.

I'm Dave.

The Squeezepad app is also quite good. I did end up buying both. We could argue about which one to get if you only get one. I think it depends if you have multiple output devices, but even then, with the updates, the apps do both try to keep up.

They were good until recently, when I started having some problems, perhaps due to a software upgrade of the media server.

Worse than that - I've now lost my Logitech controller - it's somewhere upstairs. Reason: You'll hardly need it at all when you install iPeng and/or Squeezepad. The moral for you is that if these fail (as mine have currently) you'll need to know where your controller is in case you need to fall back on that.
    Dave

I'm Bob.

Don't you only need the Controller for setting up the Receiver? (And even then there's a software hack to get round this..) With the web GUI of SqueezeServer you can always control your players. Plus, for PC users there's Moose as well...

MartinT Guest

I've just opened my SB Touch and I must say it's a fantastic toy. It took no time to get it going over wireless and streaming music from my PC over headphones. Pretty impressive. Now to hook it up to the main system and route its output through the Caiman.

So where is this being discussed? I particularly want to use my iPad as an interactive remote control (about time it does something useful).

I'm george.

Default So where is this being discussed? I particularly want to use my iPad as an interactiv

Yes me too!! and I also want to find out if using the app on my soon to be acquired android phone uses up the MB allowance from the network if I am using the phone as a remote?

MartinT Guest

Well, that was easy. I just installed the free Logitech app on my iPad and it all just works! I'm not often bowled over by technology because I work in IT every day, but this is dead cool

I'm Juha.

Great to hear you are pleased with SB Touch. I got mine today as well . I also went a bit gun ho and ordered 1Tb ZoneRipper NAS from Audioemotion. Gary gave me once again a great part exchange deal which I just couldn't resist .

Only problem is that I just don't have a idea when I have an opportunity to try them together because they went straight to the removal boxes waiting shipment back home.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Well, that was easy. I just installed the free Logitech app on my iPad and it all just works! I'm not often bowled over by technology because I work in IT every day, but this is dead cool
    My Gear

Source components:
    Garrard 401 in a solid birch plywood plinth / Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro / ESCo modified Denon DL-103
    Pioneer TX-9800 tuner
    Amplification:
    Art Audio Diavolo and Conductor, Pair of XTZ Sub Amp 1's, Nick G 'Dual Phono' phono stage
    Loudspeakers:
    Bastanis Mandala Atlas with 15" sealed woofers
    Cables:
    Analysis Plus: Big Silver Oval speaker cables and Silver Oval-in interconnects, Mark Grant DSP 2.5 Dual Screened power cables
    Record cleaning
    Nitty Gritty 1.5Fi MK II

MartinT Guest

You have hours of fun ahead of you

I'm Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    You have to pay for iPeng, Martin, but it's in a different league to the Logitech app IMO. You can also enable the iPad to act as a player, which can be useful in some situations. Aside from mail and browsing its the most used app on my 'pad and for me was the killer app that made me buy an iPad in the first place, having used the iPhone version.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by seoirse2002 View Post
    Yes me too!! and I also want to find out if using the app on my soon to be acquired android phone uses up the MB allowance from the network if I am using the phone as a remote?
    No - your Android phone needs to be connected to your home network in order to function as a Squeezebox remote.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast