+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: AOS show discussion thread

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Mains Cables R Us View Post
    Huddersfield is nice and central and easy to reach from the M1 and M62 and M6. I would be glad to organize somewhere to hold it. 30 rooms should be enough would you say? Suggest October or early November after Whittlebury. Me and MG with a stand next to each other would be cool...

Anyway just my 2 penneth worth as we say in Yorkshire.
    Huddersfield, nice though it is Dave, may be a bit of a trek for guys in Devon say, as Mark said Scalford is kinda the area we need to be lookin at, but maybe not quite as off the beaten track, so you're lookin at Nottingham, Darby, Grantham area or south Yorkshire at a push.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm ChrisB.

Just a thought, how about alternating venues - a south(ish) bias one year and north(ish) the next?
    But transport links are vital.

I'm Andrew.

I would love to go to Scalford but I dont drive! Big problem! So, it will have to be in a place where public transport can be used, EASILY! My thoughts are very simple! Why not rent a hotel/hall/venue near a main railway station? Exhibitors will be travelling in cars to transport there wares, whilst those of us that dont like the stress of driving, or maybe would like a few beers could easily get a train and then bugger off again. It would also be cheaper than petrol and wear and tear on your cars!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Just a thought, how about alternating venues - a south(ish) bias one year and north(ish) the next?
    But transport links are vital.
    I'm sure that could be done, good suggestion actually

The difficulty is in getting the interest in the first show as I see it, once that is overcome then the problem is solved. I'd still like to see everyone (though I know that's impossible ) meet up somewhere central though, otherwise there would be a north/south divide & I'm sure we keep hearing about this elsewhere... No point in creating another to reinforce this, but I may well be wrong!

It's about bringing the whole lot of us, or as many as can make it together imho at the first show...
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Martin.

Blimey this was quick! I go away and eat, watch Top gear, come back and there is already a show thread into 3 pages. Good to see, enthusiasm can carry a lot of things through as it is a big task.

Re - type of show - I'd like to see a free form show, exhibitors and trade, trade will pay for the costs on their own if you get enough of them. As few rules as it is possible to get away with.

Venue - something with a lot of ground floor solidly built rooms and enough large rooms to accomadate the bigger set ups.

Location - the idea of doing a Northern then a Southern show is a good one, but for me I would suggest the Midlands, somewhere with good Motorway and A road access, mainline rail staion 1 hr 20 mins from Euston, cheap beer, Stoke on Trent anyone?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mike.

Stoke, Nottingham, Darby or Sheffield would be the areas I would look at

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I think whatever it has to be somewhere with both good rail & road connections, like others here I can't/don't drive, so if I bring anything to the show I'll need a lift.

Others that just want to visit need as many possibilities of getting there as possible...

Maybe look for somewhere that has good road & rail connections as well as an airport nearby that is central
    Bests, Mark

I'm Imjustsurviving.

a hall would not be ideal as you are restricting yourself to a one day event and issues arrising from a whole loads of systems in one room all trying to compete so you are back to Hotels that are very amenable
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

Quote Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
    a hall would not be ideal as you are restricting yourself to a one day event and issues arrising from a whole loads of systems in one room all trying to compete so you are back to Hotels that are very amenable
    & something that isn't modern A bit of isolation between rooms would be good sound wise
    Bests, Mark

I'm Andrew.

The idea of a North/south show to me sounds naff, why have several locations?? Surely it would be better to establish the thing 1st rather than going up north one year and then down south one year. Why not pick one location, carefully selected and still to it?? With regards to Stoke-on-Trent I can vouch for this place as its very cheap and easy to get to. I spent three years doing an MSc there!

Andy
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast