+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big hello from Team Amptastic

I'm Steve.

About time Chris!

My Sachikos have got to be physically the largest speakers your amps are driving I love the David and Goliath thing

Steve & Valerie

www.electricbeachaudio.com

If you think you know the answer already, you're not really searching

A plastic box, some glass bottles, two metal tins and some lengths of string

I'm gone.

Rob's (Hoops) has probably successfully used the least efficient speakers with a Mini-T - his ATCs were 80dB/W I think! Beats my MBLs at 83dB/W.

I'm Sami.

I had a quick question about matching speakers to this amp. Would the Q Acoustics Q2010i's work well? I'm new to hifi but from what I've gathered, this amp likes 8ohms and high sensitivity, but these Q2010i's are 6 ohm and 86db. I'm looking for some speakers that are good for £100 ish.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    Hi Chris, welcome to the forum from me I think I got lost at Scalford this year as I managed to hook up with Jerry & his system last year, not so this one I'm afraid Pity as last year he had the best sound of the show imho...

Enjoy the forum & all the best to you!
    Thanks and glad you got to hear the Mini T at Scalford!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
    Hello Chris and welcome, i had some fun with one of your amps very good VFM, has your latest version had any board modifications?
    Hey Jon thanks for the welcome, we're always so happy to hear from our customers and fans. We've tweaked a few of the components but tried to keep the well received sound quality of the original. We've got some interesting prototypes in the pipeline.

Quote Originally Posted by littlest hobo View Post
    Hi all at ATUK - loving life with the Mini-T, any future plans to extend the range?
    Hey thanks! Unsurprisingly we run several Mini T amps here in the office all day long playing a wide range of tracks and loving every minute of it. As mentioned to Jonboy we are working on some interesting prototypes at the moment. We'd love to hear what products you'd like to see us make next - just drop us a line here or via info@amptastic.com

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Hi there Chris,
    Here's a very warm welcome from me to The AoS.

Now then.............
    I have a question for you.
    The name: 'Amptastic' - Could you tell me when you first used it?
    Hey thanks for the warm welcome. The product brand was formed in 2009/2010.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Hi Chris and team, welcome from me too.

I included a Mini-T in the "Cheap as Chips" room at Scalford - running a Fiio E7 Headphone DAC as pre-amp driving a pair of Wharfedale Super Diamonds (MK1) to show how good a cheap desktop system with a tiny footprint could sound - quite a few people were surprised, though a room 7.3m x 5.5m was a bit mean for such diminutive kit!

Under normal circumstances, my Mini-T hides behind a decorative plate in the dining room with a pair of Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo 3s - and the Mini-T does a surprisingly good job of making them go loud!

I'm sure you will pick up loads of good intel from the forums (and sales as well) - but most importantly, hope you have fun - enjoy AoS.
    Thanks, it's so refreshing to hear honest feedback on audio products. We'd love to hear more about your experiences with the Mini T, any chance you could send me a short write up review (just a few paragraphs would be fine)?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    Welcome to AOS Chris, l too bang on about the Mini-T to everybody- does this qualify me for discounts on Amptastic products in the future!
    Tarzan, absolutely! We're more than happy to offer you future discounts. When ordering simply drop us a line via sales@amptastic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nad View Post
    Hi Chris.

Very happy owner of two Mini-Ts, bi-amping my speakers. The sound is incredible

The bass using one Mini-T was superb, but from two... wow! It's taut and deep. The Mini-Ts certainly show up the limitations of my speakers.

I haven't forgotten - I owe you a review... still working on it, trying to avoid cliches. But these amps are so darn good, it's difficult to avoid the hackneyed hi-fi phrases.

Lenny
    Hey Lenny, great to hear from you. As you suggest, running two Mini T's is a great way to get even more value for money out of these little beauties. We'd be ever so grateful if you could send the review over to us for the new updated website we've got in the pipeline. All the best, Chris & all the team at ATUK

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Hi Chris

Yup, all good here at Jerry Towers.

Nice to see you poking your head above the parapet at last!

There's quite a few Mini-T fanboyz here at AOS now. I'm using one in my 2nd system with some nice Usher standmounts - it sounds terrific!
    Fantastic, so great to hear from you, that all is well and that you're still rockin' the Mini T in your 2nd system. We've got some interesting ideas for the product, we will be in touch sir.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Looks like I'm going to have to shut me mouth and give one a try as well in the office setup, since I play at whisper quiet levels up there and don't want to wear out the GEC KT66's on such duties..

A question, since I believe this has been done on pro circles.. What about a Maxi-T Amp? Could these devices be used to build something a little more powerful, to sell at under £200? I know there are pro amps out there, but since you cannot really try before you buy, you may end up with a horrible sounding "HiFi" amp that is only really suited for disco use...
    There are more powerful Tripath style chipsets available, we're still spending time evaluating the sound quality and board layouts for these. Interestingly, you might find that the Mini T is more than 'loud' enough for most listening rooms. The Mini T is very efficient in most cases, there is an environmental aspect to think of here. Raw power output vs sound quality!

We DO however have several product prototypes in test at the moment

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by electric beach View Post
    About time Chris!

My Sachikos have got to be physically the largest speakers your amps are driving I love the David and Goliath thing

WOW love it, truely awesome speakers!

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by SMed View Post
    I had a quick question about matching speakers to this amp. Would the Q Acoustics Q2010i's work well? I'm new to hifi but from what I've gathered, this amp likes 8ohms and high sensitivity, but these Q2010i's are 6 ohm and 86db. I'm looking for some speakers that are good for £100 ish.
    The Q2010i or Q2020's will be a nice companion to the Mini T amplifier, our advice would be to look for a high efficiency speaker closer to 90db or above.

I'm Andy.

Big ask but how about a powerful T-amp with multiple inputs and remote control and keep the sound of the Mini-T if you make one of these the world would be your lobster it really would
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Chris.

I am a happy owner of an Amptastic Mini 1 and have been trying to contact them through their website but without success. The website shopping cart tab says it is unavailable and down for maintenance but has been like that for some time. Does anyone know if they are still trading?

Thanks

Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast