+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NETFLIX

I'm Martin.

With all these new streaming services, the demand for internet bandwidth is going to go through the roof.
    Martin

Source: Sonos CONNECT DAC: Rega DAC Amp: Rega Brio-R Speakers: Neat Motive 2.

My system photos

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by Martinh View Post
    With all these new streaming services, the demand for internet bandwidth is going to go through the roof.
    True... I would never ever consider watching any film over the internet I know the bandwidth is in most cases nowhere near enough to be comparable to most blu rays.

Just flicking on the bit rate on blu rays reveals that they are up to 30 or more mbps so at the present just about any film provider on the net is sub blu ray standard & that isn't taking into account how they are actually streaming it...

No thanks, I'll have the real deal
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    True... I would never ever consider watching any film over the internet I know the bandwidth is in most cases nowhere near enough to be comparable to most blu rays.

Just flicking on the bit rate on blu rays reveals that they are up to 30 or more mbps so at the present just about any film provider on the net is sub blu ray standard & that isn't taking into account how they are actually streaming it...

No thanks, I'll have the real deal
    You are correct. It's the same as lossless WAV vs. lossy mp3. For casual listening, I'm okay with mp3. Same is for casual movie watching -- I'm okay with lossy HD movies, as I've realized that I rarely notice anything missing while those lossy films are streaming...

It all boils down to convenience. If I have to choose between looking all over the house for the bloody blu ray (only to realize after 20 minutes of futile search that my son borrowed it back in December; doh!), and then even when I find the bloody disc, now I have to wait until it loads, then there's (effing un-skippable!) coming attractions, then some other crass advertisements, then the bloody menu (which I never understand nor can navigate properly), or I just search for the movie on Netflix, push the play button and the movie instantly begins, well...
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm Alex.

Looks like that's the future of our civilization, as all efforts seem to be converging toward making sure we have sufficient bandwidth as we're bracing for the next explosion in internet traffic.
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm Martin.

Dvd menus and adverts...

bring back vhs and the fast forward button.
    Martin

My system photos

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Dvd menus...

& all the tracking problems.....

Nah, I'll stick with 5" silver discs
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Alex.

Dvd menus and adverts...

Yeah, the reason many people became pirates is these effing menus. Especially people with young children, who are impatient and just want the cartoon to start. Many of my friends were forced to go illegal and crack the DVD, rip it, strip it of any crap, and then burn it back as a straight AVI or MPG movie.

Kids are not, repeat NOT in the least interested in staring at the FBI warning that sits on the screen for an eternity, while not letting anyone enjoy the product they've legitimately purchased (OK, licensed for limited viewing would be the correct term, I guess).

No wonder the big-ass HMV store in my neighbourhood closed down. It's the bloody lawyers, they are destroying our economy.

Alex.

I'm Dominic.

Ive checked the broadband Mark and it says truly unlimited. So I don't think it will cost anymore.

Natalie

I'm inthescottishmafia.

What annoys me is that it appears you have to have a Facebook account to get the free month. I neither have nor want a Facebook account.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    What annoys me is that it appears you have to have a Facebook account to get the free month. I neither have nor want a Facebook account.
    I may be wrong, but I think you can register without one. Isnt there a link to register with an email address?
    Martin

My system photos

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast