+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Recipes for scrumptious and reasonably healthy food

I'm Grant.

Default Recipes for scrumptious and reasonably healthy food

Decided to pull out my thingy

Not used it for years tbh as i usually hand bake but im getting sorer so tried it and first time

Not bad at all. Will go with the soup.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

The thing that puts me off bread machines is the look of the finished product. It always looks the same - unattractive. Appreciate it can taste OK though.

I do use mine for dough making but only about 40℅ of the time. After the dough cycle I let it rise for about 8 hours before baking as I use real baker's yeast and not the fast yeasts baking machines need.

I use a Panasonic too.

I'm Grant.

Luxury porridge

1/3 cup of pinhead cooked in 1 cup water. Pinch of salt once boiling starts. 1 min in, add a sprinkle of jumbo oats. Once nearly cooked add a level tsp of brown sugar and some fruit juice. Then a little cream at end(double). Serve with fruit, cream and brown sugar on top. Astonishing
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Here's a bomb-proof method to get a juicy, flavoursome chicken every time, it is well worth spending a few quid on a digital meat probe to take the guesswork out of doneness:

1. Prepare your rub, there's loads of recipes online to choose from, but to keep it simple: 3x heaped tablespoons of peppercorns, grind them up in a pestle & mortar, and add in 2x heaped tablespoons of sea salt, grind up into a grey powder. You might need more with a bigger bird e.g. 4x pepper 3x salt, don't wimp out on the amount used.

2. Prepare your bird, quality matters, and I find the £5-ish free range chickens from ALDI are great. Pat it dry with kitchen paper, inside goes a peeled onion, halved or quartered, 3x squashed garlic cloves, and a fistful of 'savouries' such as rosemary and thyme. Get it all in the cavity. Then sprinkle your bird all over with the rub, patting it in and rubbing into the creases around the leg and wing joints. Rub some extra virgin olive oil into your hands and start patting the bird all over until you have a nice thin coating.

3. Prepare your oven. Get a decent roasting tray in making sure that you've got some clearance for the chicken, bring the oven up to gas mark 7.

4. Put your bird in upside down. This is critical because thighs take longer to cook than the breast, hence why people usually end up with dry breast meat when it should be juicy. Leave upside down for half an hour at gas mark 7.

5. Turn your bird over and lower the temp to gas mark 6, when the breast reaches 70 deg c, it's ready to be taken out. Usually you'd check the thigh meat, but it'll be done if you've followed the above steps, so check the breast instead. If you like, do a butter baste in the last half hour, I find that this isn't necessary due to the upside down cooking dropping juices and fats into the breast & skin.

6. Rest your bird for at least 15 minutes, upside down with a loosely wrapped 'tinfoil tent', don't wrap tightly as it'll continue to cook the bird for too long. Upside down resting drops the juices back through the breast again.

7. Use the juices from the tray (deglazed with a splash of white wine) and the juices from your rested bird to add into your gravy. Enjoy.

Cooking times will be shorter than what the packet says (maybe half an hour less), or by the usual methods, due to the upside down blast at gas mark 7, so again, invest in a digital meat probe for fuss-free roasting.
    Last edited by Yomanze; 24-01-2017 at 17:16.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Luxury porridge

1/3 cup of pinhead cooked in 1 cup water. Pinch of salt once boiling starts. 1 min in, add a sprinkle of jumbo oats. Once nearly cooked add a level tsp of brown sugar and some fruit juice. Then a little cream at end(double). Serve with fruit, cream and brown sugar on top. Astonishing
    Nice, I like the idea of using different oats, am also a sucker for cream & brown sugar, will give this a go.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Grant.

Pineapple is one of the best to serve with, Fresh or tinned. It cuts into the oatyness. Yes it used to be called farmers porridge way back coz they had plenty cream etc. Mix of oats improves texture with the prodominance for pinhead as it doesnt turn to mush.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Yellow Split Pea soup today.. glorious soup...
    half bag of yellow split peas soaked for an hr or so.
    Plenty ham stock. I use knorr stock cubes(2)
    1 onion
    1 tin carrots mashed.
    Salt n pepper
    A little fish sauce
    Corriander.
    Cook for about an hr stirring regularly and add water as needed. Once peas have mushed, liquidise and serve.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Pics or it didn't happen!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen!

Marco.
    Forgot to take pic of that Marco. But just made luxury porridge again..yum

And scoffed it lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Make sure you use that 50p Tesco voucher Grant!
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast