+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Recipes for scrumptious and reasonably healthy food

I'm Geoff.

I'm shortly starting on a broccoli, cauliflower, pasta and cheese bake. With red kidney beans, green french beans and chopped carrot added. Plenty of butter and pepper too. Should be good. I'll be using a ready made white sauce, but I do make my own sometimes.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Cream of celery soup again.. luvely drop of soup this
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Ah, a pot roast... luverly crust on it
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Am making a Thai jungle curry tonight, which is a green curry without coconut milk and a couple of twists. The paste is the most important part. Mine serves 4x people. Will follow up in another post with how to use it. It is a lot of ingredients, but very simple to cook, the effort is in making the paste.

6x garlic cloves
    6x Thai shallots (the really small ones), or 4x normal shallots.
    6x coriander roots, which you can get from Chinatown
    2x whole lemongrass, sliced, only the bits with purple rings inside them near the bottom (quiet Marco)
    6x small green chillies, heads cut off
    Thumb sized piece of peeled galengal, or ginger if you can't find it. Try to find galengal though.
    3 x kaffir lime leaves, centre stem removed (slice each leaf down the middle removing the stem)
    Pea sized lump of fermented shrimp paste, be careful this is hardcore stuff. Less is more.
    2x tbsp fish sauce
    1x tsp ground white pepper

Start with the fibrous stuff, which is the coriander root, the galengal, lemongrass and lime leaves. Get it chopped up and into a big pestle and mortar, put a folded tea towel under your mortar as you need to pound the ingredients. When they start to break up, add the chillies and garlic, then the Thai shallots, add in the white pepper. It will take a good 20 mins of pounding to get a fine paste.

Add the shrimp paste, and a couple of tablespoons of fish sauce. Pound gently at this point as you don't want it to splash out. Get a uniform consistency.

To be continued.
    Last edited by Yomanze; 25-11-2016 at 17:42.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Georgous it was too...

Easy to make as well...

You just need chicken stock, a celery, a potoato and an onion with salt, pepper, double cream and a little cornflour if needed.. i use cheese sauce granules.

Chop it up into stock and cook with some salt for 1/2 hr and let cool to luke warm. Liquidize and seive out about half the contents and bung other half in with the sieved stuff. This makes it smoother without being too thin. Reheat, add cream and some seasoning to taste, plus a few granules of cheese or whatever. Save the heads of celery with the little leaves and cut finely on top of each plate. As nice a soup as you will find anywhere and fairly light too.
    Cost is minimal, surprisingly.
    All over this, thanks for sharing.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Justin.

Just has to be shared. Series of awesome food videos. Here's a couple but there's way more from AlmazanKitchen.

I'm Grant.

My lasagne is very similar, although not as much farting about i also add a bit of chilli to mine, and use cheddar
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

No offense but I'll take his Grant.

I tried this egg in the bread idea in a fried sandwich. It works seriously well. Not sure I'll use my toasted sandwich maker anymore.

I'm Grant.

No offence taken, but you might just be surprised by mine... . Im a darn good cook
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    No offense but I'll take his Grant.

I tried this egg in the bread idea in a fried sandwich. It works seriously well. Not sure I'll use my toasted sandwich maker anymore.

Not an egg guy but did have a penchant for egg dipped cheese sarnies for a time.. was a take on french toast lol. Bit of lea n perrins inside of course.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast