+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haufe trannies for 103Pro

Default Haufe trannies for 103Pro

Well,
    I have finally sorted my little aluminium box around the Haufe T-7883 transformer capsules that someone said on another thread are the heart of the Auditorium 23. I have never heard the Auditorium, only having ever used my AT-650 on its 40 ohm setting with my 103Pro and after a tantalising but stuttering start (hum and radio breakthrough, now solved) all I can say is that with my 103Pro in my brass weighted Ittok LV111 it pisses all over my NOS AT. Cymbals shimmer like never before and vocals are much clearer, I dunno, but something like when you finally home in on a radio station after having been just a bit off the exact tuning frequency - you know, the same but different. Bass lines are much more agile yet easier to follow and the whole stage has also just widened up.
    I have read on Vinyl Asylum that this sort (in my case) of DIY lash-up can take up to 200 hours to run in so at my rate I´ll let you know more in about 3 months´time.
    Chris

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Way hey, Chris - excellent news! You're now beginning to hear just what your 103Pro is capable of

People who incorrectly and unfairly slate the 103 a) need to hear the Pro (or 'SA') version, and b) what the Haufe trannies do to either of them. It's a whole different league to how a standard 103 sounds through your average active MC phono stage!

Keep us posted on how things continue to develop.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Default Where on their website are the Haufe T-7883 ?

Hi Chris

Where on their website are the Haufe T-7883 ? Did you have any trouble getting them?

http://www.haufe-uebertrager.de/

Thanks

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Cawley; 24-12-2008 at 17:57.

Dave,

Who's Steve? Did you mean Chris?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm happy that it worked perfectly out with the Haufe capsules that are in the Auditorium 23.
    This debate started up on the qualified german AAA-Forum (Audio Analogue Forum) as someone wrote how the german transformers were assembled with the cheap capsules.

Yes, Chris!! Or anyone who can help me??

Dave

Dave, I'm sure Chris will be along soon enough to advise

Marco.
    Main System

Hi Dave,
    Trouble no - it was just a bit surreal.
    I had to have them delivered to a mate in Germany who then sent them on to me. I got the impression Haufe are very small and don´t "export" or even post abroad - their invoices are actually hand-typed - in fact I got the impression they are not into how their trannies might be best implemented, they just build the bloody things !!!!
    If you pm me your email I will attach a copy of their email reply to me and you can take it from there.
    Basically it is 2 thimble sized capsules (with 6 wires leading out of each one) which you bolt onto a box (mine is aluminium) and solder 4 wires to RCA terminals also fixed to the box (red +, green - as inputs) and (blue´+, white - as outputs), then I had to link the green and white terminals to get rid of hum/radio breakthrough. The other 2 wires-yellow and black and black(solo) go to an earth post screw as in preamps and you are away.
    Get in touch.
    Chris

Hi Chris

That would be great, could you forward it to Dave@SoundHiFi.com please? Marco keeps on at me, but without the proper transformers I'm in no-mans-land!

Just waiting for the sprouts to be ready before opening another bottle of wine, on second thoughts....

Thanks

Dave

Marco keeps on at me...
    LOL! On at you in terms of what?

It would certainly be good if you can get hold of the right trannies for the 103 and supply your own SUTs along with the 103s you sell. You would then be able to sell the whole 'package', 1210 mods included.

Incidentally, I'm finding that the Jelco tonearm cable (when plugged into the A23 SUT) is a bit of a hum magnet. When you move the cable about hum comes and goes and gets louder, then quieter, but never fully goes away, leaving an audible underlying low-level hum in the background permanently. I've tried all sorts of things to fix it, but it seems like the Jelco cable is acting like an aerial for hum. I never had this problem before with the cables I used with the Technics arm.

I meant to mention this before, as I discovered it when I got the deck home after visiting you, but then the hum went away for a bit, however recently it's come back again. I can live with it just now but if you can have a look at it for me when I come down in the New Year that would be appreciated

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast