+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Morgan Audio

I'm John.

Default Morgan Audio

Excited today as Robin Stephens (Morgan Audios designer )is bringing my new Valve Pre amp and modding the Deva 300 to act as power amp...

Hes tweaked the Pre to suit my system of AE Linear 3 speakers and my Rel Sub

Also hes bringing a Deva 500 Power amp for me to try.

I just love the Deva....I spent ages auditioning amps and in the end I took a risk and bought this blind after taking advice from Robin.

A heads up here, Robin still has a few NOS 300s left for sale..ones on ebay at the moment...

Im just hoping he doesnt get stuck in the snow...
    Main System: Inspire Eclipse SE, RB1000, 2M Black, MF XLPSv3, MF XPSU, Morgan Audio Deva 500 Valve Pre Amp,Morgan Audio 500 Dual Mono Power Amp, Denon 3930 (CD Transport), MF XDACv3, MF X10v3, AE Linear 3 and REL Strata..

AV Sony 480 Bluray, Yamaha RXV3900, JVC HD1, Kef Q5 Q9C and Kef Surrounds (7.1) Paradigm PS1000 Sub

Second Morgan Audio Deva 300s Intergrated Amp HK970 CD (Limited Edition) Project Debut fitted with 2M Blue (Lipstick on a Pig) Acoustic Energy AE100 Speakers

Big Phew

I'm John.

Default Morgan Audio

Robins been and gone

Im now the proud owner of a Deva 500 Valve Pre amp with my Deva 300 Integrated acting as power amp and getting ready to put my order in for one of Robins Deva 500 Power amps

He brought one with him and it was in the words of Jazz Club.....Nice...

The one he brought was a part built one and to be honnest it was finished I would have bought it.

Just got to give the Pre some burn in time, some vocals sound a bit edgy but Im sure this will improve with use

John
    Main System: Inspire Eclipse SE, RB1000, 2M Black, MF XLPSv3, MF XPSU, Morgan Audio Deva 500 Valve Pre Amp,Morgan Audio 500 Dual Mono Power Amp, Denon 3930 (CD Transport), MF XDACv3, MF X10v3, AE Linear 3 and REL Strata..

AV Sony 480 Bluray, Yamaha RXV3900, JVC HD1, Kef Q5 Q9C and Kef Surrounds (7.1) Paradigm PS1000 Sub

Second Morgan Audio Deva 300s Intergrated Amp HK970 CD (Limited Edition) Project Debut fitted with 2M Blue (Lipstick on a Pig) Acoustic Energy AE100 Speakers

Big Phew

I'm gone.

Yep, I've had a few Morgan bits - a 500 valve pre, a 300 integrated and a chunky bespoke power amp.

Really really nice sounding kit - way beyond its price point, imo. Enjoy!

I'm John.

Default Power

I was so impressed I rang Robin last night and Ive ordered a new 500 Power amp.

Cant wait...

Big Phew

I'm george.

Default I was so impressed I rang Robin last night and Ive ordered a new 500 Power amp

Ive been using the Deva 300 for a few weks now since getting it from him complete with phono stage and I love it!
    He is a very nice man to deal with,and went to a lot of trouble for me.I will be getting the power amp from him as well very soon. Glad to see others here appreciate this great amp.

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Sounds interesting , I'm curious that you're using a rel sub with the Linear3's ? I find the bass to be fairly prodigious with mine .
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm John.

Default Morgan Rel and Linears 3s

I was given the Strata and when I mentioned it to Robin he suggested using it by filtering out the very low bass frequencies and directing it to the sub giving the Deva 300 an easier life.

Im still playing with the settings, the pre has 2 sets of outputs one filtered one not so I can revert back to normal if needed.

Im also playing with my set up and Ive just taken the X10 tube buffer out and added some Mark Grant cables and thats changed the sound again

Just using my MTV Unplugged CD and its sounding very good indeed...

Big Phew

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcat40s View Post
    I was given the Strata and when I mentioned it to Robin he suggested using it by filtering out the very low bass frequencies and directing it to the sub giving the Deva 300 an easier life.

Im still playing with the settings, the pre has 2 sets of outputs one filtered one not so I can revert back to normal if needed.

Im also playing with my set up and Ive just taken the X10 tube buffer out and added some Mark Grant cables and thats changed the sound again

Just using my MTV Unplugged CD and its sounding very good indeed...
    I see , how do you like the 3's , not bad speakers , i ended up preferring them over my old Snell J's with my CA740A , just seemed a happier match , the Snells being much happier with Valve amps .
    Chris

I'm John.

Default Linear 3s

I love the 3s, I have a pair of AE100s as well but the 3s with the alloy cones are more zingey which I like, make my Kef Q5s sound dead in comparison.

I did try a Puresound A30 with them but it didnt work..

I keep poping up the stairs to my room and it seems to be getting better as things are burning in....

Big Phew

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcat40s View Post
    I love the 3s, I have a pair of AE100s as well but the 3s with the alloy cones are more zingey which I like, make my Kef Q5s sound dead in comparison.

I did try a Puresound A30 with them but it didnt work..

I keep poping up the stairs to my room and it seems to be getting better as things are burning in....
    The Puresound A30 would most likely be a dream match for the Snells , is your system up in the attic per chance ?
    Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast