+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some pics of my stuff before we moved ....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Paul.

Default Some pics of my stuff before we moved ....

Last edited by pjdowns; 07-02-2008 at 21:48. Reason: Picture didn't appear
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm Buffet-blower.

Quote Originally Posted by pjdowns View Post
    CD1 - Expo XVII/XVIII? Nice - very similar to what I owned up until last year (CD1, IX/XI/IVDR).

Richard.

Round & round bits: LP12/Cirkus/Kore/Herc II/Roksan Nima/Hana EL
    Megabits: Bluesound Node 2i/TEAC UD-H01 dac
    Making it louder bits: Phonostage: Dynavector P75 Amp: Cyrus 8vs/PSX-R Speakers: Royd Sintra II
    Connecting it together bits i/c's: Flashback Premier. Speaker cables: Van Damme Hifi

I'm Paul.

You know your Exposure/Naim equipment Gromit,

A couple of things have changed since. I now have another XVIII which I bi-amp using the RCA/Phono connections for the first amp and tweeters and the XLR connections for the second amp and the midrange/bass.

Other differences to note are that the DSP-E800 in the picture is now for sale as I have seperated the two systems now, I have upgraded the DVD player to a Denon DVD-2910, bought a Squeezebox and a Rega Ear for headphone duties.

Paul.
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm Buffet-blower.

You know your Exposure/Naim equipment Gromit,

A couple of things have changed since. I now have another XVIII which I bi-amp using the RCA/Phono connections for the first amp and tweeters and the XLR connections for the second amp and the midrange/bass.

Other differences to note are that the DSP-E800 in the picture is now for sale as I have seperated the two systems now, I have upgraded the DVD player to a Denon DVD-2910, bought a Squeezebox and a Rega Ear for headphone duties.

Paul.
    Paul,

I have lots of very happy memories of my Exposure days (I started with a X in 1992, then Super XV, then DualIV/DualVI/VII to what I said in the above post). I still bitterly regret selling all of mine but it's always good to see folk not making the same mistake

How do you find the bi-amping? What sort of improvement/change have you experienced? I'm considering the possibility of either bi-amping my NVA A60 or going for the pair of A80 mono's. Can't really decide tbh.

Here's an old pic taken a couple of years ago (Dual IV as opposed to the IVDR I got shortly after)...

Huge 'air guitar' factor
    Richard.

Making it louder bits: Phonostage: Dynavector P75 Amp: Cyrus 8vs/PSX-R Speakers: Royd Sintra II
    Connecting it together bits i/c's: Flashback Premier. Speaker cables: Van Damme Hifi

I'm Paul.

Gromit,

I have seen that pic of your system before on one of the other forums...

Bi amping was a very good thing to do.

I now have improved vocals, much much tighter and deeper bass and overall a cleaner and less hassled sound. I think it was a major improvement to an extent due to the Epos 14's I have as they really do need driving to make them sing.

So why did you sell the Exposure's and do you still have the CDI ?

P.

I'm Buffet-blower.

So why did you sell the Exposure's and do you still have the CDI ?

P.
    Paul - it was the 'I fancy a change' thing.

I'd had Exposure amps for 15 years so felt (although I loved the amps) that there must be something else out there worth trying. I sold the CD1 early last year to someone in Germany - packed it up carefully (it was in nigh-on mint condition with all the original bits & pieces) but it arrived at its new owner in a very sorry state. I now have a Cambridge 840C which I have to admit is a bloody good CD player, no excuses needed.

I don't need a lot of power (small room) so may well end up bi-amping - sounds promising from what you say.
    Richard.

+ Reply to Thread