+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stone/granite plinths?

I'm Richard.

Question stone/granite plinths?

Hi guys,
    Hope this discussion is not already somewhere here but I would like to ask if you have any ideas where I may find cheap(and I mean cheap) granite(or comparable) plinths in odd dimensions?
    Preferably Dorset
    The thing is that most of the places sell usual 400x300 but I looking for

(WxDxH/mm) black or dark
    400x400x30 2pcs
    430x400x30 2pcs

I hoping I would be able to find a place where I can get those under £100/pair
    I dont mind if they are used or if there are any imperfections and I dont mind to travel within 60 miles radius around Poole

thx

I'm Grant.

Try Memorial Stone Masons in the area.... they often have stuff they can cut to size for you
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

I have found memorial masons expensive, but worth a check. The only thing about the sizes you want is the thickness, if you could go to 38mm, then try any stone worktop mason shops. These places have loads of off cuts, worktop ends, to hob/sink cut outs. Most of the time the off cut go into the skip. Should not cost much to have the sides polished up etc, or even cut to the size you desire.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Try Memorial Stone Masons in the area.... they often have stuff they can cut to size for you
    I did try, way to expensive
    One place tried to charge me a whopping £387/pair

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by jollyfix View Post
    I have found memorial masons expensive, but worth a check. The only thing about the sizes you want is the thickness, if you could go to 38mm, then try any stone worktop mason shops. These places have loads of off cuts, worktop ends, to hob/sink cut outs. Most of the time the off cut go into the skip. Should not cost much to have the sides polished up etc, or even cut to the size you desire.
    great stuff sounds as a good plan
    thx

I'm mark.

Places that make hearths and surrounds, the fire cutout is often about the right size.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by rikardo1979 View Post
    great stuff sounds as a good plan
    thx
    Great, to be clear, its the workshops where they cut and polish new granite worktops you should be looking for. There are so many companies on the web etc who advertise granite worktops, but these are just fitting, they come to your home ,make a hardboard template of worktops then take that template to the worktop cutting company. I picked up a beautiful piece of blue quartz from a place not to far from me. 450 x 600, i cut it down to 400 x 450, perfect for my turntable .
    A while back i picked up some black granite from a kitchen shop. They were changing their displays. Old out, new in. More than happy for me to take the large broken bits away, some bits 600 x 1200.
    Even contact some local builders. Friend of mine is a builder and removes old kitchens, worktops ( granite)now and again, all stone worktops in perfect condition. Clients just want kitchen updating etc. All this depends on if you can have 38/40mmm thickness.

I'm Richard.

I have just received an quote which I think is reasonable. What you guys think? Should I take an offer or keep looking? Would it be possible to find something cheaper?

1) 2 pieces of 400 x 400 x 30mm = £48.00 each

2) 2 pieces of 430 x 400 x 30mm= £51.60 each

I'm Grant.

pretty good prices
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

£48.00 each, £51.60 each, thats £199.20. Expensive i would say. Keep looking.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast