+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone had a play with Tellurium wires?

I'm Tom.

Default Anyone had a play with Tellurium wires?

My new listening room (AKA "coal bunker" ) is a lot smaller so will need a shorter set of speaker cables. Seeing as like wot they are going to be so short now I was wondering whether to get a pair of Tellurium blue or black cables to play with, but as usual I am reading between the lines of hype surrounding these and would prefer the honest opinions of folks that have bought and lived with them for a while

I'm fuckoff.

I'll second that, funnily enough I 've been reading about this stuff today.

I don't mean to hijack the thread but as well as opinions on the cable, can anyone objectively compare it to the "good budget stuff" that always seems to get recommended here?

I'm Dave.

I've tried a couple of the Tellurium Q cables and they are very good indeed, amongst the best I've heard. The Blue is good value as these things go. IMO

I don't know how you can quantify the sound against a budget cable but to my ears it's a lot better than generic 79 strand. Best bet is to borrow a length and hear for yourself.

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by realysm42 View Post
    I'll second that, funnily enough I 've been reading about this stuff today.

I don't mean to hijack the thread but as well as opinions on the cable, can anyone objectively compare it to the "good budget stuff" that always seems to get recommended here?
    That really is one heck of a quandary to solve

The biggest issue is where any marque or model of cable fits into the great unseen league tables of all wires wanky because it is so subjective in nature, with one person's "revealing" being another person's "screeching", while "smooth and mellow" are somebody else's "flat and lifeless".

The recommendations you might see from the likes of myself and others on this particular forum are ones we have owned ourselves or have auditioned. One or two inexpensive cables have surprised us in the price/performance stakes as being great value or have embarassed some well known brands, but that does not mean to say they are "giant killers" in any sense of the word.

We have a broad scale to work from too, starting from QED SA which isn't even good enough to make a decent dog lead with let alone connect to a hi-fi system, right up to Kondo at left arm/right leg sort of prices.

I was rather hoping someone could pipe up and say something like "Close to Acoustic Zen with a tad more this or that added" which means something to someone like me who has been around the block when it comes to cables. I am still running a pair of Sterling Black Mambas which are not the bee's knees of speaker cables, but I can easily live with them because they don't offend or annoy by the same token - which I do appreciate

Hifi Dave's comments about a comparison with QED 79 strand torpedoed his first sentence a bit in that respect

I'm fuckoff.

I just did a google on the 79 stuff, one review is outstanding:

6/10: quality is ok and it works

I'm sold!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Tony ( Wee Tee Cee) has both blue and black runs of this, so he's the man to ask. He brought them over when he came for a sesh and I thought they were very good.

I'm tony.

Ok chaps, a no nonsense assessment based on my motorcycle ravaged ears.
    I have a run of both blue and black. Both terminated with z plugs the black done by the factory, the blue by the seller on e bay.
    I run the black on my treble the blue on my bass.
    for comparison ----
    I have the excellent belkin terminated stuff. about £20
    the flat ribbon belkin stuff. about £9
    van damme blue 2.5 mm about £2.50 pm
    atlas equator about £8 pm.
    I had the chord odyssey 2, I think.....

The blue is very good straight out of the packet, my main bugbear with music is sibilance...The blue really removed a degree of harshness from my previous system without throwing the baby out with the bath water.

The blue sounds very neutral, It doesn't colour the sound one way or the other...in comparison to the two belkins its far more revealing but not as harsh treble wise and overblown/ baggy bass wise.
    The van damme is brighter and far more bass laden....great for the money but not very honest and a good candidate for using a cable as a tone control .
    The atlas stuff again emphasises the frequency extremes....not much cop really.
    The chord stuff it replaced was more expensive than the blue but for me was far more coloured treble wise.
    I borrowed the blue from my dealer in glasgow, loud and clear and must admit the biggest shock was trying it in my sons system- my cast off CA dac /cyrus 1/ruark swordsman. feck... there's life in the old dog yet.

The black.....Shit......If you're happy hearing a demo set of the blue dont do it to yourself.
    I had a naim cd player to trade in...needed a dac and some cable.
    I brought the black demo set home tried it out and was Impressed enough I paid the difference.
    Like the blue but....lovely and neutral but even more revealing.
    Worth 3 x the money plus the cost of factory termination...depends what you want.
    I view the tellurium stuff in a very similar fashion to mark grant interconnects the sound signature is very neutral but once you start going up the range it just gets more revealing.

No bull shit...If I hear a budget cable that gets near what I have,
    I will sing its praises.
    Both blue and black are excellent, I know swapping from bass to treble there is a significant upgrade to the black.

Ali tate on here is vastly more experienced than myself...he heard them at his place...in his set up...they held they're chin up proudly .
    Hope this helps.
    Regards Tony.

I'm Tom.

Thanks Tony, it does help to give a clearer picture of their capabilities and in the great scheme of things they are not too exhorbitant for the wallet either

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Aye, as Tony says, the Blue is good. The Black is very good. In fact I was impressed enough to be thinking about buying some Black for myself.

I'm Mark.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast